“Highly recommended”

The Chester Residence
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 July 2011

First class with excellent location within walking distance of major touristic sites. Will definitely return to this place.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband took me on a trip around Scotland for my 30th Birthday which ended in a stay in the Chester Residence. The apartment was gorgeous and spacious and definitely has the 'wow' factor. The location was excellent and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Can't fault it and would recommend it to all.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gpoon116
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We have just returned from staying at the Chester Residence and cannot recommend it more highly. It is not like staying at a hotel but more like at a luxury apartment with concierge service. The location is great and the customer service and staff are excellent. My children who are 14 and 11 loved it. We will definitely return!

1  Thank Shelley049
ChesterResidenceRory, General Manager at The Chester Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Hi Shelly049-
Thank you for your review of the 1st floor at our Chester street hotel, you are correct that the Chester hotel is slightly older but it has all the charm or a beautiful Georgian townhouse and since its refurbishment this year , all 5 apartments are stunning. The 1st floor is a big staff favorite and was voted "Best room" in our yearly staff night out, so i am glad you enjoyed it.

I note from your review that you were dissapointed that you did not receive Jo Malone in your room!
These are available as an upgrade package if you request them when booking direct with us here at the hotel at a small cost.We do supply Molton Brown as a standard throughout the hotel however which are brilliant.
I look forward to welcoming you back in residence.
Rory MacAleece - GM

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed here as a birthday treat was pricey but once we saw the sheer size of the apartment we weren't disappointed we had the first floor app in the Chester St building which I believe is a little older than Rothesay Place. Location was great a short stroll to Princess St we ate breakfast in Rutland Hotel which was lovely. The only let down was after reading all of the glowing reviews we expected to have Jo Malone toiletries candles etc as other guests had mentioned and also read that they'd been kindly provided with a special birthday hamper which we didn't get :-( even though I mentioned a few times via email it was my birthday.
Absolutely loved the apartment though it is fit for a king defo book this if it's in your budget as it beats a hotel room any day!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 July 2011

we did a scotland trip for 2 week and start at chester residence. this is the best place we've ever stay.
we not speak good english and the staff were good, especialy lillie she spoke french to us which help a lot, and ian the kilt man help us with restaurants and bars.

i will stay again in the future don't want hotels now.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank belwaffle
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I'm writing this on the long train home to London... Never written any hotel reviews before but I had to for this place.
Everything was perfect and whenever I come back to Edinburgh this is now where I'll stay.
I made quite a few requests from particular DVDs I wanted in the room to various special food items (I'm lactose intolerant and everything was made for me including dairy free ice cream and a pavlova...)
There was literally nothing I'd change: huge living space, massive TV with PS3, great kitchen, comfy bedroom and the bathroom of my dreams (rainfall shower, freestanding tub with a TV).
Essentially the suite's amazing but what completes the package are the great staff. Sue and Katie (and everyone else)! were fantastic and very helpful but I must say Neil (concierge) was an absolute legend! Everything we asked for was taken care of and our stay couldn't of been better, so much so that straight after paying the bill I booked the same room for Christmas :)
I like my fancy/luxury hotels but trust me this is really worth a visit!

Thanks for a great stay!

p.s. If you are staying there and ask for beers in the room go for Innis & Gunn (Neils recommendation), it's amazing..

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My step-mother chose The Chester Residence and I was hesitant at first. I am partial to staying at hotels, and wasn't sure if I would like an apartment set up. Well, I fell in love with The Chester Residence. I didn't want to leave!! Our place was absolutely stunning and gave the 4 of us plenty of room. The staff was spectacular. They were able to get us reservations at a popular restaurant on a Saturday night, and on the VIP list for one of the top clubs. When they found out it was my parents anniversary, they even brought us some treats. I have never experienced service like this and I am in love! Thank you!