The Chester Residence
US$336
US$215
US$107
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$93
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
US$111
Agoda.com
1,935 results
All reviewsthe penthousechester streetowners residencerothesay placecinema roommews apartmentliving roommolton brown toiletriesprivate gardensky tvnespresso machineserviced apartmentwest endfull kitchenbirthday cardunderfloor heatinglarge bedroom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

If the site had more stars I would give them all. Truly one of the finest hotel experiences my wife and I have ever had. We only had two nights to enjoy Edinburgh so we wanted to be close to everything and also have a nice place to rest our heads after sightseeing all day. We never expected to get the experience we recieved from the Chester. The staff was incredible in their friendliness and help. The apartment was absolutely amazing. The furnishings were impeccable, the bed was amazing and the bathroom was huge. The location makes walking to anything you want to see easy and the hotels restaurant suggestions were great. Take time and relax in their lounge, it is the perfect way to end a perfect day. If I have any regrets it's that we didn't stay in one night and order a dinner from their chef. The other guests we met really raved about that experience. All in all one of the best stays ever. We will definitely go back and as far as I'm concerned there is no other place to stay in the entire city that could come close to matching the Chester experience. P.S. no I am not being paid to write any of this but would gladly take a free nights stay :)

PPS Sue was awesome

2  Thank JDW92
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Wow!! Everything about this Hotel screams... Wow!! Beautiful design, location, serene feel and most of all, the Staff. It was the unbelievable customer service that really knocked me sideways. I went in expecting 5 star and left feeling as though I was leaving behind a home and friends. To me, this is so much more than the standard (and often fake) 5 star treatment. The charismatic and energetic concierges Neil Young and Ian Maclennan bent over backwards to help make sure my visit to this charming city reached full potential. So so welcoming! The Manager Rory Macaleece greeted me personally, reassuring me that 'nothing was too much trouble.' He gave up his time to really get to know his guests and offered recommendations based on what we wanted out of our trip. My rule of never going back to the same place has been shattered after this experience! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Among all the 'must see attractions & experiences in Edinburgh,' visiting the Chester residence should be up there in the same category, If only to experience the second to none customer service! You made my Edinburgh experience!! I can't Thank you enough! However, after this visit, my South African friend who stayed with me, now expects this treatment everywhere... she thinks I'm related to the Royal Family?? I can not top this!!

Room Tip: Even the standard room (apartment) is immense!! There is no 'standard' about this hotel, just pure excellence!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at the Owner's Residence and it was amazing! I cannot fault anything about our stay. We were greeted by Neil who was so helpful and welcoming - and very fetching in his kilt! The apartment itself has the real wow factor. The rooms are so comfortable and stylish (Armani wallpaper and tiles!) and the wow factor for us was your own cinema room!! The surround sound is brilliant and the Chester Residence can also supply the DVDs and Blu-rays. The jacuzzi was great too. The location was great for walking into the centre of town (in less than 10 mins walk you are on Princes Street) and the apartments are in a lovely quiet location in the West End. All in all the Chester Residence is the best place we have ever stayed in and we would love to go back again! You won't be disappointed if you stay here!!

Room Tip: Owner's Residence - you have your own cinema, jacuzzi with TV and access to your own garden.
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Fantastic serviced apartments; nothing is too much trouble for the Manager or other staff, stayed for part of our honeymoon and was made to feel very special. The accommodation is the best I have stayed in and this includes our stay at Claridges in London where we stayed after the Chester Residence. The bathroom was an experience not just a bathroom, all modern appliances in the kitchen area and the bedroom was so comfortable I wanted to stay longer. Can't say any more than 'I want to go back'

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This was our third trip to The Chester Residence, and we didn't think it could get any better...... that was until Rory (GM) upgraded us to The Armani Suite - an unbelievable experience.
From the moment you open the door you are wrapped in the heady fragrance of pure unadulterated luxury. Everywhere you look you see jaw droppingly opulent details - Armani leather furnishings, original art, incredible lighting effects, stunning wallcovers, perfumed silken bed linens, pure silk drapes......................you feel almost blase about the Molton Brown and Nespresso which is always standard.
The enormous candle lit hot tub with TV was a fabulous experience, as was the private cinema and collection of Blu Ray discs.
Ian our own private kilted butler was a delight, delivering champagne cocktails on arrival, a signature "Chester Cocktail" pre dinner, popcorn and snacks for our cinema experience, and a sumptuous breakfast every morning. A very big thank you to you!
Finally, a big thank you to Rory who once again made us feel like the most important guests in the world, and at this price, for this experience, surely The Chester Residence really does offer the best hotel experience in the world? We certainly think so..................