The Chester Residence
US$491
US$237
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$256
US$271
US$226
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$222
US$202
Hotwire.com
1,927 results
All reviewsthe penthousechester streetowners residencerothesay placecinema roommews apartmentliving roommolton brown toiletriesprivate gardensky tvnespresso machineserviced apartmentwest endfull kitchenbirthday cardunderfloor heatinglarge bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Booked the Chester Residence for our 35th wedding anniversary and can honestly say our apartment 7/3 was simply stunning! The service was top notch from start to finish. We arrived at 1.15pm and the very pleasant girl on reception apologised that our apartment wasn't quite ready as the last people were late in checking out. She kindly offered to keep our bag and have it delivered to the apartment. She then recommended a lovely little bistro round the corner where we could have a drink and said she would call us when the apartment was ready. Within 20 minutes of us being in the apartment they delivered two chilled glasses of champagne and a lovely card complimentary of all at the Chester residence. What a lovely though and very much appreciated. The staff are excellent and I would thoroughly recommend these gorgeous apartments to anyone. Thank you to all. We shall return in a heartbeat!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we were made to fill as we were the only guests staying.

All the staff we had the pleasure to meet have excellent people skills and are more than happy to have a chat.

The room, well the pictures on the website just don't do it justice.

Location, is fantastic took us rouhgly quarter of an hour to wander up to the castle and the royal mile.

This is the first hotel that I've found it hard to leave.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Smithyspad
Reviewed 25 May 2012

What a fabulous experience. I had never stayed at an apartment residence before, so I was a little hesitant, but willing to check it out. Vavavoom! We stayed in Apartment 9/2 and it was to die for with spacious living room with dining area, large screen LCD TV, Maurice Villency or similar furniture with nice accessories like pillows and throws. The kitchen was state of the art with Siemens appliances. The bathroom had radiant floor heating and towel warmer on the wall. The views out the front from the living room of the neighborhood were wonderful and the view out back onto the neighbors gardens was picturesque. The place was very quiet yet the staff was always right there downstairs, available for whatever we needed. They went the extra mile by picking up an electronics item for us at a local store near where one of the staff lived. The apartments are in a neighborhood that was a short walk to Edinburgh castle and there was a grocery store nearby to stock up on food to cook at the apartment.

Room Tip: Apartment 9/2 was very spacious and just perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti_ESQ
Reviewed 25 May 2012

You've read all the reviews about the luxuriousness of this classy joint, but having had great and more expensive stays in NY, London, Paris, Rome, Chicago, and all over Europe, I've got to say the STAFF were simply the best of the lot! Obviously they all share a passion for guest treatment and it doesn't come as a surprise to me that they won the Scottish Hotel of the year last weekend. My wife and I stayed in the second floor suite for 4 days, spent 3 weeks travelling around Scotland, then spent the last night in the wonderful ground level suite on a free upgrade, complete with a bottle of scotch that they remembered we liked from their free Sat night bar! Facilities wise they need to do two things imho. First, major hotels especially in major cities all have A/C. I think they assume A/C means cold instead of conditioning the air, after all, during our stay the temperature reached highs of 9. Both upper and lower suites were hot and stuffy at night. The lower suite, although absolutely delicious, has the bedroom facing the street. So you could open the single pane window (why they didn't think about upgrading the windows too is beyond me), but be prepared for traffic noise. The second level suite has the bedroom in the back which is way better, BUT being so far north, sunrise is 3:30AM, so bring good earplugs if you don't get lulled to sleep by pigeons, squaking gulls, song birds, etc and like us, you need the fresh air. The second complaint is the mood lighting was obviously designed by a guy because a girl couldn't possibly put on her makeup without annoyance with the lighting in any of the bathrooms. A simple lamp would solve that problem but that complaint wasn't addressed after our 3 weeks away. However, we would definitely recommend the Chester to anyone and have already heaped praise on it to our friends here in Canada.

Room Tip: Choose room with bedroom at back
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I enjoyed my time here.It was a bit of a walk to everywhere but I like to walk and the spring weather was fabulous.Roll on the trams though and then this will be an even better location to sleep quietly but get to see all that both old and new town have to offer.
Although the staff could not been more helpful, putting systems in place would mean that they could automate tasks and save time to do other more important things i.e. having an intercom at the front door to stop reception staff having to get up every time I forgot my code;checking whether teas etc need replacing;explaining to bewildered Australians how the various electricity options work i.e. the Tv and heated towel rail and how to turn down the heating and check voicemail.All this could simply be added to the welcome booklet.
What I did not like were the meals on offer..a two hour wait for cold greasy chips.Either re design the menu so that it can withstand that kind of wait or set up a restaurant please.
Overall though I loved the keenness of all the staff to get it right and with that attitude I will happily recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are infirm or disabled in any way you must ask for a ground or lower level room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo