For our Wedding Anniversary, my wife and I decided on a trip to Edinburgh and wanted to stay somewhere very special. We came across the Chester Residence and read the other reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to book it. They did not disappoint. From the moment we arrived the staff were extremely attentive and courteous. They gave us information on the city centre and advised on the best places to go. We had mentioned when booking that it was our anniversary and on arrival we were upgraded to one of the penthouse suites which was phenomenal. Waiting on the breakfast bar was a bottle of red wine and even an anniversary card from the staff. The suite itself was kitted out to a very high standard and had a very contemporary feel to it. The staff were always keen to help and would book taxi's for us and let us know when they arrived. On our actual anniversary when my wife and I returned from a meal out there were candles up the stairs leading to our apartment, Once inside, there were more candles and a trail of rose petals leading to the bedroom, where Classic FM had been left on as well as a lamp projecting the sky at night on to our ceiling. Now by no means am I saying that this is what every paying customer should expect but to go to that extra trouble considering we had already paid to stay there was a really nice touch. I know the knock on effect is for me to then write a glowing review about them but hey, it worked. The location is great being less than a 10 minute walk from Princes Street and the area itself is very quiet and respectable. The price may be a bit on the expensive side but it is well worth it. Would be more than happy to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chester Residence is a collection of 5 Georgian townhouses set in the stunning West End of Edinburgh. These chic 5 star (Scottish Tourist Board rated) designer suites blend seamlessly with attention to detail and a level of personalized service that ensures guests enjoy the highest standards, synonymous with The Chester Residence. Each suite is an oasis of tranquility, offering spacious, individually designed suites with all the benefits of a luxury hotel. The latest in room technology is provided including, Sky TV, Blu-ray DVD player. As our beautiful townhouses are listed, there is no elevator in them, but our Concierge will be happy to help with your luggage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Chester Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Chester Residence Edinburgh, Scotland