“Lovely family weekend”

The Chester Residence
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Excellent.
Great service and beautiful apartment - well furnished, spacious and inviting.
We loved nothing better than curling up on Friday evening watching TV and having midnight feast. It was my daughters 16th birthday and the hotel sent up lovely non alcoholic cocktails and popcorn -very thoughtful...
Nothing was too much trouble and I would highly recommend a stay here.
Its a 10 minute walk to Princess Street so very central.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,898)

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to The Chester Residence as a surprise for her birthday. It was an amazing few days! Even before we got there, the staff were absolutely out of this world, both over the phone and via email. So helpful, they will go above and beyond to try and help, and to make your stay as amazing as possible.
I had ordered the "Romance Package" as part of her birthday and this did not disappoint! They offer some great packages to help enjoy he stay, but even without that the stay would have been amazing. The look on her face when we first walked through the door was priceless. We stayed in Flat 6/4, The Owner's Residence. If you are able to I urge you to stay in that appartment, it is incredible. The 'Jacuzzi Room' and the 'Media Room' make you feel like you never want up leave.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

The whole place from Reception and Lounge, to the appartment itself were spotless. It was absolutely superb. Like I said before the staff were absolutely magnificent! They will do absolutely anything in their power to help you. As an example; as part of the "Romance Package", I had arranged for a Champagne Continental Breakfast on the morning of her birthday. In truth I had forgotten what time I had ordered if for, but when the guy turned up, he was extremely apologetic saying that they'd gotten the times mixed up, and offered us a complimentary bottle of wine. I felt this was above and beyond. I wouldn't have complained as I felt there was no reason to, but the point I'm trying to make is how much they go out of their way to make your holiday special. It is an absolutely fantastic place and my only regret is I hadn't booked it for longer. I can see why they were named Scottish Hotel of the year 2012.
I can't thank the staff enough as they were incredible, and reflect really well on the hotel! Absolutely amazing and thank you again. We will be back without a shadow of a doubt, and will definitely be pointing as many friends as possible in the direction of The Chester Residence!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Just book it. Simple.

Although don't .... as I want to be able to stay here every time I travel to Edinburgh and I don't want you all to book it up!

I mean ... Erm .... Hmmm ... Hurrumph. I guess I should be honest.

I was expecting a small bedsit type of place and instead I was met by fantastically relaxed and calm staff. I was shown around and then shown to my apartment. And then ... I just kept walking past one bedroom, then a bathroom, then another bedroom (both en suite by the way), and then ... I kept walking ... Into the kitchen .... Out of the kitchen ... Into the sitting room .... Out of the sitting room ... Into the dining room .... And then ( and only then) .... I stopped. (that's three bathrooms BTW).

I had to stop, you see, as I had to unlock the door to the garden (also accessed from bedroom 2 via another route (and the sitting room by a third route)) ... And then I started walking again .... Up some steps and into the garden.

Nuts.

It is, let's just say, far too well setup for you all. It's, let's just say, far too chilled for you and ... Well just don't book it. It's mine.

Ps. Amazing nights sleep, great shower, fantastically well fitted out and I will be heading back soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BernardtheMeerkat
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I cannot say enough good things about my experience at the Chester Residence. The team there was outstanding, the rooms divine and their commitment to making our stay memorable breaths meaning into the word hospitality.

I have been fortunate enough to stay in a number of premium hotels and this experience stands out as one of the finest, if not the finest. In a city as beautiful as Edinburgh the last thing on your mind is the desire to curl up and relax in your hotel, but let me warn you at the Chester Residence you may be tempted.

Thank you to the entire team for a wonderful experience and for all the added touches that can only be summarized as - wow!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We recently stayed three nights during a trip through England and Scotland--I didn't want to leave The Chester! I have never experienced such welcoming, sincere and warm service. The apartments are spacious, chic and comfortable. We enjoyed having two evenings in--we had a bottle of wine each evening and "picnicked" on the floor. Felt great after a week of dinners out. I can't recommend this place more highly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed in one of the Mews apartments in September, 2012. We were absolutely delighted with the apartment! It was very modern, very clean, and had everything we needed. Gorgeous lounge, nice seating area outside in our private garden, huge modern kitchen, two comfortable bedrooms (both en-suite), and a third bathroom in the hallway. Everything we needed for a lovely stay in Edinburgh. The staff was exceptional. I have worked in the hotel industry for 22 years, and have seldom come across a staff that was more helpful, professional, polite and friendly. They truly made an exceptional effort to answer all our questions, and make us feel very welcome. The location was great, in New Town, but an easy walk to Old Town as well. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family