“Wow”

Ranked #1 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

What can I say but Wow! The accomodation is amazing, the employees are everything you'd want and the location is excellent. It was a shame our stay was short. Hopefully we'll get the chance to go back another time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
London
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a delightful short break in Edinburgh, choosing to stay at the marvelous Chester Residence while we were there.

From the moment we booked the staff (who are by far the shining stars of the experience), could not have been more helpful. They assisted with choosing a suitable apartment, making the booking and helping me arrange some special surprises to make the weekend truly memorable (the Romance package is superb value, and great fun). Nothing is too much trouble.

One should also of course mention the beautiful buildings, stylish, well-appointed, comfortable apartments and mention the superb quality and good value drinks and breakfasts (also worthy of note).

We enjoyed the place so much we decided not to go out on the second night, opting to get a take-away, a nice bottle of wine and have a relaxed evening in front of the roaring fire.

I hear the owner/founder is thinking of reviving this recipe for success elsewhere, and I wish him well in the new endeavor. If it's half-as-good as The Chester Residence, it's sure to be a hit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TJF1976
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The standard of service was fantastic at all times. The staff were so friendly, enthusiastic and friendly. Our penthouse apartment was amazing - beautiful location, luxurious and quiet (very important to us country bumkins!). I have very high standards but there was nothing about our stay I would have wished to be different. Great value for money. I look forward to staying at the Chester Residence again, asap!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janc70
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The Chester Residence gives guests the best experience they could possibly wish for. It is literally the best place I have ever stayed, and I would choose Edinburgh every time, just so I could go back to the Chester!

Wonderful service, amazing comfort, and nothing is too much trouble. Staff really do go that extra mile.

This was my third trip to the Chester and it gets better every time!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My stay at The Chester Residence was amazing from start to finish. When I booked I received an email asking if it was a special occasion, I wrote back saying it was my partner’s birthday present and it was also our anniversary. I had booked it as it had such great reviews on Trip Advisor but I did not think it would surpass my expectations so much.

Upon arriving we were greeted by the genuinely friendly staff and our luggage was taken. We were told as it was a special occasion we had been upgraded to the VIP suite. We were given a tour around the room – it was amazing. The staff were also nice enough to give my partner a Birthday card which I thought was very thoughtful.

The VIP suite had a gorgeous living room, kitchen, cinema room, Jacuzzi, bedroom with en suite and there was a garden. The little extras in the room just made it that much more amazing - we had some Molton Brown products and there was a Nespresso machine, the wallpaper was Armani, there was a PS3 and there is a DVD library in the reception for guests to browse and we were given a bag of popcorn aswell while we were looking at the DVDs.

We had the breakfast which was fantastic and looked so good when it arrived and we enjoyed it thoroughly. We also had dinner on the second night and this was also delicious, I could not fault a single thing about the food.

The worst part of staying at The Chester Residence was leaving. I would definitely pay a little bit extra if I were to stay again for the VIP suite as it is just too good for words. The staff were absolutely fantastic and it is definitely the best service I have received at any hotel.

Room Tip: Just go mad and upgrade to VIP
1 Thank alybalyb
Portree, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Just been for our second stay at The Chester Residence, which is charming, in a traditional setting with a modern twist. We find the apartments to be of an exceptional high standard and very attractive design. We've stayed in garden apartments both times and have not wanted to leave, we felt so comfortable! The staff are all young, respectful and very willing. Miorbhaileach!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

If its exemplary service and attention to details that you are after then the Chester Residence is truly the place for you. Nestled in a Georgian terrace's of Edinburgh's West End this charming and well appointed hotel more than deserves the accolades that grace the fireplace in the lounge bar. Whilst the rooms are well turned out and provide every modern convenience it is the staff that are the true asset to the Chester Residence. All the staff are friendly, attentive and personable - nothing is too much trouble. We will certainly be planning our next visit to Edinburgh around a longer stay at the Chester Residence.

Room Tip: All rooms are good - we went for a deluxe and got one of the penthouses - perfect for a romantic get...