“AMAZING. WOW!”

The Chester Residence
Ranked #1 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
“AMAZING. WOW!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a room in the Chester Residence for my girlfriends birthday and went all out and got the Luxury Room with the Jacuzzi & Cinema Room, £350 but was so worth it!

To start with we arrived in a taxi and straight away a butler (Greg) came running out to the taxi to take our suit-case, straight away we were getting treated like celebrities! He took our suit-case away to our room while a young ladie showed us to reception. We checked in with very very friendly staff and then were walked down to our apartment.

We arrived at the apartment and we were speechless! It was somewhere where a celebrity would stay. The young ladie showed us about the apartment very politely.

Once we had a look around the apartment we did not know what to do first! But we finally choose the Jacuzzi!

You can basically live in the apartment and if you need anything you just phone reception and the butler comes running to your door. I mean we phoned for a pen! Yes, a pen and they came running down with it(also ordered some lemonade which was brought with ice & poured very professionally in front of us). We went for a meal at The Dome but before that we had some cocktails at the Chesters bar. They asked if we wanted them to book at taxi for us, if we needed a taxi back, anything! They would do anything for you.

We had filled out our Breakfast form on Saturday night (you can leave it as late as 1am to fill in your form, and then you just hang it on your door and then come and get it) and the next morning we were greeted by our butler at our door (you choose your own time when you want your breakfast delivered!, amazing!). Our breakfast was incredible! All so nicely laid out on a lovely tray. We had our Breakfast in the Cinema Room with our robes & slippers on courtesy of the Chester Residence.

Overall this place can't get any better. It is out of this world! Thanks for an amazing night!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed Friday to Monday in a one bed luxury flat. Check in and out was very slick and The Chester seems to have more staff dealing with customers than many hotels. I ordered a champagne breakfast as a surprise for my husband - it was absolutely lovely and great value. We also ordered continental breakfasts delivered at a time of our choosing and felt these were good value. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in on holiday, and the bedroom was particularly quiet as it overlooked a garden. The hotel is not in the centre of Edinburgh, but for the energetic Princes Street is probably a 15 - 20 minute walk. We caught buses if we did not want to walk too far. On 2 previous visits to Edinburgh we stayed in the old town which involved quite steep walks, whereas walking to and from The Chester is far easier.
An additional surprise was the free cocktails and canapés on Saturday evening.

Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place is amazing. Faultless service, modern, cool and funky. So much better than a normal hotel room, the space you get is incredible. Well worth the little add ons like a fully stocked fridge. Nothing was too much trouble and the invitation to Saturday Chester Cocktails was a welcome treat.
My one niggle, and it's a small one, was that the water system in the building was very noisy. Every turn of a tap or flush of a toilet set the pumps to work and the noise did permeate. Not sure what they could do about it and it wasn't the end of the world but it did keep our stay from being perfect.
Nevertheless, I would stay here in preference to one of the plush hotels every time. The staff and service make it what it is. Wonderful place to stay, thoroughly recommended.

1 Thank NH71
Fife
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were overwhelmed by the space and service at the Chester Residence. Lovely quiet and discreet location, lovely staff, beautiful accommodation. I have paid so much more for so much less! The reception staff knew all about us when we arrived - where we had come from, what the occasion was - they even gave us a little anniversary card! We'll definitely return, for longer next time. I'm really looking forward to it.

1 Thank 57Netty
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

In every way Chester Residence met my exacting standards.

We arrived at 11pm to a very warm welcome, and were made to feel like nothing was too much effort even at that late hour of the day. During our stay we enjoyed consistently high service from all of the team - we loved their friendly yet professional approach. The apartment was perfect, very well presented,lovely decor, very clean, in a lovely setting having a private courtyard.

We will definitely be back! Well done Chester Residence Team.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing my trip was. It was, I admit, late last year - I just felt the need to add my review as I cannot stop raving to everyone how amazing this place is. Aside from the stunning apartments the service we got from the employees far exceeded my expectations. I have read other reviews saying younger travelers felt ignored or not treated as well as others. I beg to differ!! Being only 20 at the time I thought they may see us that way but not at all! Everyone was so exceptionally kind and helpful with booking things for us and suggesting things (I am from Australia so did not have to much knowledge of the area). I cannot say enough that you need to stay here to experience the amazing guest service.
-we were shown around the apartment and every possible thing which could have possibly been explained was
-were told about local places to eat and drink
-various sites we might want to see
-very helpful duty manager came in to help with the fireplace (nothing wrong with it - operator error)
-everything we needed booked they did for us
-remembered us and asked about how our time went (in whatever we were doing)
-greeted us every time they saw us
-even offered to get a few things from the grocery store that we were after
-the above is just a few examples!
I will definitely be staying here again and tell everyone I talk about travel to about this place (I speak to quite a lot of international travelers due to my place of work). THANK YOU FOR SUCH A PHENOMENAL STAY!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We only stayed here one night which was unfortunate. We were upgraded to The Grand Apartment..... and grand it was.
If you are spending a substantial amount of time in Edinburgh this is the perfect place. Beautiful furnishings, open concept, fabulous kitchen area, fireplace. Your home away from home. The lounge was warm and welcoming and the service impeccable.
I would definitely return.... hopefully for longer than one night next time.

• Stayed March 2014