I have left a previous 'excellent' review for The Chester Residence.
We have recently returned from an overnight stay and found it to be quite different.
I would still stay there again but would avoid apartment 7.5 in the basement.
It is noisy and the beds are not as comfortable, nor the apartment as spacious, as those upstairs.
2 beds + 3 bathrooms. Nor does the WIFI work it was slower than dial up !
We also ordered a take-away delivery through reception that took 3 hours or more as the reception staff had failed to order it. Not life or death but embarrassing and inconvenient.
The kilted porter Ally was still excellent though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chester Residence is a collection of 5 Georgian townhouses set in the stunning West End of Edinburgh. These chic 5 star (Scottish Tourist Board rated) designer suites blend seamlessly with attention to detail and a level of personalized service that ensures guests enjoy the highest standards, synonymous with The Chester Residence. Each suite is an oasis of tranquility, offering spacious, individually designed suites with all the benefits of a luxury hotel. The latest in room technology is provided including, Sky TV, Blu-ray DVD player. As our beautiful townhouses are listed, there is no elevator in them, but our Concierge will be happy to help with your luggage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Chester Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Chester Residence Edinburgh, Scotland