“Just wonderful....”

The Chester Residence
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Just wonderful....”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am off to The Chester Residence again tomorrow for a couple of nights and I always make this wonderful hotel my base when in Edinburgh. I only wish i was in this city more often so that I could stay more !! The rooms and apartments are truly superb, as is the service. It's like a home away from home, perfectly located, in the middle of everything yet quiet and peaceful at the same time. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tricky02

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Woodside, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Usually when my wife and I visit a city like Edinburgh, I look for a very nice hotel, but with the reviews and value for The Chester Residence it seemed worth taking a chance. I am so glad we did. The Chester Residence is an intimate apartment complex located in a quiet residential neighborhood, yet a pleasant 10 minute walk to Princess Street and all the main Edinburgh attractions. The staff are super helpful and the service was outstanding. They definitely know which restaurants to recommend for great meals. I recommend apartment 9/3, with a bedroom; full kitchen; and huge living room/dining area, it was very spacious. As my wife said, "with a little more closet space, we could live here". Definitely beats the "nice" and "very nice" hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Art-Darlene
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was looking to take my wife away for a night and noticed that this place was number 1 in Edinburgh. I had a look at the photos and decided my searching was over - this was the place! What a great decision that was as the apartment we had was fantastic. We stayed in the 'Penthouse suite' which was very modern and nicely decorated. It had an open plan kitchen and living room area, an enormous bathroom and a lovely bedroom with a great big bed. We only had a couple of bags but they were brought to our room by who I believe was the manager. He was very friendly and booked us a taxi to take us out for dinner that night.

In the morning, we had a beautiful breakfast platter, with croissants, a selection of ham and cheeses, and a glass of champagne. This was a really special visit, and we would have no hesitation staying here again and recommending it to others!

Room Tip: Penthouse suite was excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fra00003
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

we were really lucky to use this hotel during our visit to Edinburgh festival 2014, the location is great, the team are helpful and so friendly… finally the quality of the rooms are perfect.

excellent choice don't miss it :)

Room Tip: we stayed in a two bedroom suit in the muse with a private garden, it was really comfortable special...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dublin, Eire
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We spent two nights in the owners residence apartment, we barely left the apartment. Projector, surround sound, bath tub you could swim in it's so big! Truly a great place to escape from it all. Service from staff was also excellent. I would have easily given this a 5 star review only for a few minor flaws in the room that let it down. Wax stains on carpet, cracks on some tiles, very cold draft from projector location... Very minor issues in fairness but at £375 a night (which was after a discount via booking.com, direct price was double that) I'd expect perfection. Still, in saying all of that I would have no hesitation in recommending the apartments and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Owners residence has the best bath/hot tub I've ever used, it's HUGE! You could spend hours...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irish-Rosco
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Chester Residence forms a superb base in Edinburgh; the flats are large and situated in a quite area, and there is plenty of room to work as well as to relax. The kitchen is well equipped (although no washing machine, which would have been nice), There is however a swift and efficient laundry service.

The staff were very helpful. Overall, highly recommended.

Just one thing - those leather sofas in the lounge are amongst the most uncomfortable I have ever sat upon! The only way to get vaguely comfy on them is to lay along them using the cushions as makeshift pillows!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ironbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We just had three nights at the Chester Residence and what a pleasure it was. Super location and everything you would expect from a luxury apartment. We stayed for the Fringe festival which was walking distance, it took around 5 minutes to get to Princes Street, 10- 15 minutes walk to the castle from the Residence. Will definitely stay here again when next in Scotland. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: No 6 is a lovely stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple