“Amazing Hotel - Everything Just Perfect!!!!”

The Chester Residence
Ranked #1 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
South Yorkshire
“Amazing Hotel - Everything Just Perfect!!!!”
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I took my Wife to The Chester Residence for her Birthday in January 2011 for 1 night and we were both blown away by how perfect everything was. We stayed in the Penthouse Suite - WOW! The Hotel was amazing, I would say the rooms are more like having your own apartment to live in - wish we could live there! The staff are more than accomodating and very friendly. They made us feel very welcome and looked after all our needs right from our arrival to departure. We were also greeted with a bottle of wine in our room with a personal note from the Hotel Manager wishing my Wife Happy Birthday. The Rooms are very modern with stunning decor and the Bathroom had a fab walk in shower and a two person bath where you can relax and watch the built in tv in the wall. My Wife was in her elements with all the Molton Brown Products in the Bathroom! We were also served with a glass of champagne to our room and on every Saturday evening they offer a complimentary bar for afew hours serving canapes and drinks to all their guests - this starts your evening off very nicely! You have the option of staying in your room and cooking a meal or ordering food in as there is a fully equipped kitchen and i would say this would be something we will consider next time as we would love to return The Chester Residence for more than one night and enjoy this. Overall this hotel was perfect in every way and we could not fault it. We would definately recommend you stay here and experience what we did. Special mention to Stuart who looked after us - thank you very much!

1 Thank Bear84
ChesterResidenceRory, General Manager at The Chester Residence, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
Mr.Bear84

Sometimes when i read reviews like the one you posted after your stay, i wonder what else we could have done to take the service you receive at The Chester Residence to the next level! I am pleased that everything and everyone you encountered made your time in residence with us so special and that your took the time to review .

The Saturday night "Bar @ Chester" is our way of spoiling our guests and reminding them what 5 stars should really mean, so i am happy you enjoyed it so much.

Rory

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
York
Reviewed 23 January 2011

After reading the reviews for the Chester Residence, I was curiious to find out if if it really was as impressive as everybody says so I cancelled a booking previously made at the Hotel du Vin, Edinburgh and crossed my fingers that it would be the perfect location for our anniversary break, It fulfilled all expectations and ticked all the boxes......plus we were upgraded from the Penthouse to the Grand Apartment free of charge which just added to the whole experience and was greatly appreciated.

Mummabluberry

Just a quick note to say thank you for reviewing our hotel , and to say that i am glad we lived up to the expectations that you had, we do try to offer upgrades where and when available , our Grand apartments really are stunning so if this helped in making your stay a special one then we have achieved our aim of going above and beyond the norm for a 5 star hotel

I look forward to having you in residence with us again soon

Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 20 January 2011

The décor is amazing. It didn't feel like a hotel at all. It is like having your very own flat...but so much nicer. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. The view from the bedroom window was breath taking. As well as the view form the sitting/kitchen area. Perfect for couples.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear JamaicaChild

What can i say ???

Your review tells me that everything was perfect.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

London
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Currently sitting in the luxurious grand suite and I can not rate this hotel high enough. Proposed to my girlfriend tonight and the staff here were brilliant in making the night special. All details taken care of, personal service from staff and apartments the best in Edinburgh. The worst thing about it is that we have to leave tomorrow! If you want a special weekend away just come here, it's guaranteed. Thanks Ian, Stuart and all staff for making this night special for me and my now fiancée!

• Stayed January 2011
Nivman

I loved the title of your review..I often tell the team 5 star is easy..6 stars is not impossible but should be the aim.(we just need to convince visit Scotland)

The team worked hard to ensure that everything went perfectly for your stay , it sounds like it did!

Congratulations on your engagement ,

Bolton England
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We’ve just come back from spending 4 nights at the Chester Residence and after a few teething problems, i.e. lounge fire, towel rail, safe and DVD player not working, as well as a number of bulbs out, the staff went out of their way to ensure everything was fixed and in working order. I was impressed with the little extras, such as the 3 types of pillows to choose from, the free cocktail on arrival, wide variety of twinnings tea, use of ipod, Jo Malone cologne and linen spray, safe parking and wide range of DVD’s.

The apartments are tastefully decorated, modern and spacious and lie approx 15 minutes walk from Princes Street. We chose this as it is number one on Trip Advisor and I’m glad we did, I would definitely recommend staying here. The best thing about it was the staff; everyone we met was friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I stayed one night in the Chester Residence in the Club apartment for my mum's 50th birthday and was extremely impressed! We got a really good deal on the rooms (though I think you can pay a lot more) and everything was amazing. They left a bottle of wine in the room as a birthday present. The staff were so friendly and accommodating and the place is very classy but not at all stuffy or uncomfortable. We were lucky to be there on a Saturday night and to be able to join in with the Saturday night tradition. This is: Free cocktails brought to your room and an invitation to go downstairs between 6 and 6 for drinks and canapés in the lounge. It was more like somebody's front room than a hotel bar and the measures were definitely generous! We ate in the rooms and the food was gorgeous and reasonably priced. There were lots of little details that made it really perfect: underfloor heating in the bathroom, ipod docks all around, amazing toiletries and fluffy bathrobes, ghd straighteners in our room, a full set of Harry Potter books on the bookshelf....too much to mention! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I have just got back from a 3 night stay at The Chester Reisdence. I decided to book the hotel/apartment based on the reviews on here, however I can't say I was expecting that much based on the photos online and the fact that we had booked one of the cheaper apartments - a classic apartment. How wrong I was. When we arrived we were very warmly greeted and checked in and told of all the ameneties available to us (PSP, DVDs, Guest Lounge etc) and were then taken to our apartment. I was blown away how by gorgeous and huge it was. An enormous, modern kitchen and living room with beautiful high ceilings, huge tv, working fire etc; a gorgeous large bedroom with king size bed and a very generous bathroom with Molton Brown Products. The kitchen had everything you could want including Kettle, Nespresso machine, microwave, hob, oven and all the utensils you need. We had brought a lot of our own food from London so it was fantastic that we could save money on eating out by making lunches and dinner and making tea/coffee and taking it out in a thermos etc.

All the staff were wonderful, so polite and willing to meet requests such as replenishing tea/coffee etc. My only complaint would be that tea/coffee wasn't replaced without asking, but knowing that they'd be straight over I wasn't that fussed. The apartment also got extremely hot and even with the thermostat right down you still had to turn the radiators right down.

The apartments are around a mile from Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile which is fine if you are happy to do a bit of extra walking or are happy taking the bus or taxi's. The bus is £1.20 and only takes 10 minutes so you can save your tired feet!

Overall we had a fantastic time, we saved a lot of money on food and eating out and felt totally relaxed after our short stay.

I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough. We will be back!