I booked solely on tripadvisor reviews, wanted somewhere very special for my husband's 50th birthday. Whilst I cannot fault the pleasant staff and cleanliness of the apartment, I was diappointed not to be in the new development but in Chester street, I wasn't told this on booking. This club apartment is large but nothing out of the ordinary. I feel the point of writing a review is to be honest so here are the negative points:
The allocated parking space is down a back alley actually parking in the yard of a terraced house, very tight and badly lit a night.
Chester street is in the next street to Rothsay place and obviously involved a walk in the rain to reception and to enjoy the free Saturday evening drinks.
Sparse tolietries and they weren't Jo Malone!
No option to order breakfast, made our own with bread and cereal left in the kitchen. A lovely hamper was also left for my husband's birthday. Thank you for that.
I asked for one bedroom to be made twin for my son, they made the biggest bedroom which was ensuite and next to the main bathroom twin! The double room not ensuite and furthest from the bathroom
The apartment also had lots of chipped paint, missing lampshade in the kitchen and personal safe's that didn't work.
Overall we had a good time but I was disappointed and felt this wasn't anything special. I didn't complain at the time because I didn't want to spoil a special weekend. Would I return, yes but to Rothsay Place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chester Residence is a collection of 5 Georgian townhouses set in the stunning West End of Edinburgh. These chic 5 star (Scottish Tourist Board rated) designer suites blend seamlessly with attention to detail and a level of personalized service that ensures guests enjoy the highest standards, synonymous with The Chester Residence. Each suite is an oasis of tranquility, offering spacious, individually designed suites with all the benefits of a luxury hotel. The latest in room technology is provided including, Sky TV, Blu-ray DVD player. As our beautiful townhouses are listed, there is no elevator in them, but our Concierge will be happy to help with your luggage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Chester Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Chester Residence Edinburgh, Scotland