“Warm, welcoming and excellent value”

Canadale Guest House
Ranked #128 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
“Warm, welcoming and excellent value”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night and highly recommend staying here longer. The house and our room (on the top floor) was warm, welcoming and very comfortable. The house retains many of its original features which add character. It is within walking distance of the city centre (although there are also plenty of buses). There is also a good choice of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Bunnykin59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I had some trouble with my flights and such, so I was really stressed out about my Scotland trip. However, Isabelle was so accommodating and made my booking experience wonderful! Highly recommend staying at the Craigmoss Guest House just because the owners are great people!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy Wei C
Alford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

It was second vist to this guest house and I was disapontment about my second vist and I was so looking forward to it since my first vist was so welcomeing by the owners, but I was aware by my revist that they was not there , the people how was there looking after the house where not so welcomeing . My room was not clean at all there was black marks on the bed covers the cushions had pink marks on them as well and there was hairs on the soap dish in my shower and finaly my breakfast was slow to come and it was cold the only thing that was hot was the tomatoes. Not a happy chap

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here with a last minute booking on a valentines weekend, arriving late at night to the guest house. Isabelle was very helpful in ensuring we arrived to a lovely warm clean room with a comfortable bed. Breakfast the next morning was fantastic - an extensive menu with large portions all included in the price, which was by far the cheapest we could find in the area. The atmosphere was excellent and we were made to feel very welcome by Isabelle and all the other guests - nothing seemed too much hassle. The location is very good - only 20 minute walk to the train station and plenty of eateries close by. Overall an excellent stay :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Nothing is too much trouble for Harry & Isabelle. This was my first stay at Craigmoss last night. I arrived several hours later than I intended due to an horrendous day of gales & rain that disrupted all ferries leaving my home on the Isle of Mull. Upon arrival, I was delighted to discover that my Border Terrier and I had been upgraded to an en suite room, and we very quickly succumbed to the comfort & quiet that meant sleep was almost immediate. Parking was easy, right outside and for free and with the added bonus of a park just opposite, Puffin the Border was thrilled this morning. I thought I would miss breakfast due to an early pick up I had at the Airport but Harry was up and supplying tea and a warm Croissant to see me on my way, very much appreciated. The location is just great in terms of proximity to the sights and I shall definitely be back for a longer stay, in order that I can get to take advantage of them ! Huge thanks to Isabelle & Harry in my hour of need.

Room Tip: I was located on the ground floor at the rear of the property in an en suite, perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Always come and stay at Craigmoss for the January break, Isabelle and Harry make you feel welcome, lovely clean rooms and excellent breakfast's and go out their way and wish you a lovely morning and always ask where are you are going and give you travel tips. Will recommend the guest house to all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had my normal week in Edinburgh, excellent stay at the guest house, very cosy and welcoming. I have seen some nasty reviews. These are untrue and false. I have stayed here for good couple of years, every year, I look forward in staying at Craigmoss again. The breakfast's are excellent and have a good choice. I recommend the guest house while staying in Edinburgh!

Room Tip: Phone up ! and get a good room !
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends