We were group of two couples who had booked a 3 night stay at Amaragua and approached the front door with a little trepidation, wondering if Amaragua would be as good as the reviews on Tripadvisor.
We rang the bell and the door was opened by Dawn-Ann with a huge smile and a lovely warm welcome. At that point we knew we had struck gold.
The rooms were excellent and very comfortable with everything you would need. The house is large and spacious in a pleasant, quiet street 10 minutes by bus from city centre. There is free on street parking, unlike most of the guest houses in the new town.
Breakfast is amazing with a wonderful choice and not just your standard Scottish Breakfast (which is available and excellent), but a different choice each day such as Eggs Benedict or pancakes with bacon mushrooms or porridge with blueberries and strawberries.
Dawn-Ann's husband Tony served breakfast and was charming, welcoming and informative.
We can't fault the Amaragua and would recommend it to anyone visiting Edinburgh.
Looking at possible golf trip next year, but don't tell Tony as he will want to join us
Thanks Dawn-Ann and Tony you really made our stay in Edinburgh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AmarAgua is a comfortable Victorian residence, situated in a quiet residential area, built in the 1880s but recently upgraded retaining many original features, it is the perfect location for those who want to relax away from the noise of the capital but at the same time stay not too far from the city centre and all main attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your AmarAgua Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- AmarAgua Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland