We stayed at AmarAgua on the recommendation of our travel agent and were not diappointed. It is a spotless, beautifully decorated Victorian town house. Dawn-Ann welcomed us at the door on our arrival with Edinburgh tourist brochures and a thorough explanation of the bus service and other things we neophytes needed to know about the city. She was easy to contact whenever needed by buzzer in the downstairs hall. We were lucky enough to find a parking spot on the street in front of AmarAgua and left our car there for our full two day stay.
Our room was the standard double en-suite, which was most comfortable, but a little small for our huge suitcases holding 3 weeks worth of clothes. We Canadians especially liked the heated towel racks! The coffee, tea and goodies in our room were yummy. Breakfast was delicious and Tony was a most congenial waiter. We agree with the other reviewers . . . Wish we could go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AmarAgua is a comfortable Victorian residence, situated in a quiet residential area, built in the 1880s but recently upgraded retaining many original features, it is the perfect location for those who want to relax away from the noise of the capital but at the same time stay not too far from the city centre and all main attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your AmarAgua Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- AmarAgua Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland