“Good value for money”

Edinburgh Thistle Hotel
Ranked #106 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Stayed for three nights and found the hotel a very nice and practical place to stay. Helpfull staff and OK breakfast. The hotel bar is nice and the location excellent.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed at Thistle Hotel in Edinburgh during my recent trip with friends, and I have to say it was a very pleasant stay!
I chose the hotel using the reviews from Trip Advisor, and I was not disappointed at hotel.
The hotel is located in a very quetly street, near to a wonderful cathedral, and it is 5 minutes walk from the train station of Haymarket. It is also near the centre of Edinburgh, and you can arrive at Princes Street by walking.
I stayed in a quad room with my 3 friends and the room was very large and comfortable, and we have some facilities that I never had in my previous trips in other towns and hotels: an iron for our clothes, a hair dryer in our room, that worked perfectly, not like the usual hair dryers in hotel bathrooms, a huge tv flat screen, and of course the tea making facilities on our desk.
The breakfast was good and have a great variety, be sure to have "full Scottish breakfast" in your rate, so you will have the possibility to taste some of Scottish breakfast plates. Thanks a lot to the girl in the breakfast room, who was always so kind with us.
There is also a bar inside the hotel, where you can spend time, I went them in the evening with my friends and drink some Baylies, and it was a warm and friendly place.
A special thank you to Mrs. Annick, she was so kind and helpful with us, and made our stay even more pleasant. But I have to say that all the members of the staff were amazing.
Thanks a lot!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank mayfrayn
Reviewed 13 May 2011

It was a pleasant stay and would stay there again. Our room was comfortable and roomy. Bathroom was clean and in good condition although shower curtain was a bit mildew smelling. No air conditioning -- just ceiling fan. At night, I opened my window for fresh air and turned on the fan to create my "white noise." I am grateful that I had a room on the non-street side. Not much to look at from my window, but it was quiet and I had a good night's sleep both nights. Ate breakfast there. Breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold offerings. Hotel seemed to cater to tour groups. Bagpiper in kilt in front of hotel was a nice touch and gave many photo opportunities. The Thistle was a short walk across the bridge from the Royal Mile -- Edinburgh Castle on one end, and Holyrood Palace at the other. Thistle is within walking distance of restaurants. Happy with my stay and would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Goshen_11
Reviewed 11 May 2011

The Thistle Hotel was perfect. It is a small hotel, perhaps 15 rooms, and the ambiance is wonderful. The personnel at the front desk were friendly and so helpful. Breakfast was wonderful and was included in the room price. It was our favorite hotel during our stay in Scotland. The one down side is that there is no elevator.

Reviewed 4 May 2011

I would strongly advise a stay in this Hotel.The bedroom was light and airy.I would expect this standard of quality in a much larger hotel probably at least 4*.The breakfast was beautifully presented in a large dining room with lovely frendly staff.A big thank you to the hotel owners and staff. I will definately be useing it in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2011

I would recommend if you like to be a little away from centre. Rooms were big enough and comfortable. Tha staff was extremely helpfull and kind.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We went on a weekend saver package, and being so near to the centre of Edinburgh it was the most amazing value. The staff were so very friendly and courteous. Breakfast was fabulous and plentiful. We would recommend using the private hotel parking spot as there are little other places to park without a 3 hour turnaround. It was a marvellous stay and we will definitely use this hotel again.