“Just great!”

Edinburgh Thistle Hotel
Ranked #95 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Just great!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I har a Lovely stay at Thistle. The staff were great and very helpful. The breakfest offered was versitile so there is something for everyone. The room was great, high ceiling and a lot of space. If I return to Edinburgh then I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank CarolineO4
thistlehot, Front Office Manager at Edinburgh Thistle Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear CarolineO4,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Edinburgh Thistle Hotel, and that you found our staff to be "Helpful". As breakfast is the main meal of the day we try to cater for everybody.

We Look Forward to welcoming you back at the Thistle Hotel in the future

Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Chiavari, Italy
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was in Thistle hotel for the festival,i had a good double room with my girlfriend.
Just close to the center.Ironing board and kettle were provided.No complain at all.Good price.I think to come back in my lovely Edinburgh where is always party time!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank simpleminds
Dear simpleminds

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Edinburgh Thistle Hotel and had "No Complaints". We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great welcoming hotel just round the corner from Haymarket Stn. Neil made me very welcome and I was given a single room on the basement floor. Room decent size with all that you might need. Bathroom spotless and nicely appointed. Bar served numerous whiskies and plenty of beer options. Massive tele on the wall for any sporting occasion was also in the bar area. Now the best bit....the cooked breakfast was second too none..2 of everything with toast and as much tea as you wanted. Although you pay extra for the brekkie it is worth it !. If I had one minor gripe it is that the single room is under the kitchen so being a light sleeper I was awake around 6 30. If Neil and the team are there next year I will be returning . Dave

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank David L
Dear David,

We thank you for you recent feedback, I am please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Edinburgh Thistle Hotel, And that you will be returning next year for your "second to none" Full Scottish Breakfast.

Fredrikstad, Norway
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had a great weekend on Thistle hotel.. The service was exellent, the rooms were big, nice and clean. The staff who worked there was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was really good! :)
We are going back next year!

Room Tip: Suite nr. 24 :) Thats the room we were staying on. But i think that all the rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lene Marie M,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning next year. we are glad that you found our staff nice and helpful, and that you enjoyed Breakfast.

we look forward to seeing you next year

Todmorden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Lovely hotel in a great area close to the city centre. Friendly and welcoming reception. The room was clean, tidy and just perfect for our needs. Lovely feel to the place and the surrounding area. 5 minute walk to the centre

Room Tip: We had room 20 which was overlooking the street. No noise at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Susie,

Many thanks for your kind review, we are glad to here that you thought the hotel had a lovely feel to it and that our staff were welcoming and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kuantan
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have stay one night in Thistle hotel Edinburgh, it was in Sept. It was a bad experience for me to stay in hotel that price and get a bad service, 1st of all it should not be rated as a hotel, it is Bed and Breakfast! there is no lift! I had to walk up the staircase 3 floors!, the room is very old and out dated, the breakfast was poor and the staff were not that much friendly, I totally don't recommend anybody to stay in that hotel as I will never book there again !

Room Tip: All rooms there are horrible
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Muayad82
thistlehot, Front Office Manager at Edinburgh Thistle Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Muayad82

On behalf of myself and the staff at the Thistle Hotel, may I offer my sincere apologises with regards to you stay. We are a Georgian Town House Hotel, there is no lift because of the restrictions on a listed building also we feel I would take the charm of the original staircase away. All our rooms have recently been upgraded. As for the unfriendly staff the hotel is under new management and has new staff who are pleasant and extremely helpful with an "Yes I Can Do" attitude.

If you ever choose to visit us again I can guarantee you will find a difference

Regards

Duty Manager
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The staff were very friendly and made the stay hassle free. The breakfast was plenty and enjoyable with enough choice for most people. We stayed on the top floor which kept us fit with the long winding stairs. The price reflects the standard of the room decor, location was a short walk to the town centre shops and bars. Would quite happily stay there again due to the staff being welcoming and overall great customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lee,

On behalf of myself and the staff at the Thistle Hotel we thank you for choosing us for your visit to the beautiful City of Edinburgh. We aim to look after our guests and make their stay completely hassle free. We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we try to cater for everybody's needs. We would like to welcome you back in the near future,

Regards