“Good location but hot and noisy.”
Review of Piries Hotel

Piries Hotel
Ranked #138 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights in July. The hotel was like an oven and there is no aircon and only small window to open. Other rooms bathroom extractor fans extremely noisy and lots of noise from other guests. Breakfast was a disappointment - we were told that we had an upgrade and breakfast was included but when we went in for breakfast were told it was not included..it was £6 each and there was not much choice. We went to tesco express - 2 min walk - got costa coffee and pastries for lot less than £6!
The hotel is in walking distance to city centre and only short distance
from airport. The staff that we dealt with were friendly and helpful. Wifi was not free which
was unusual. Edinburgh did not disappoint - we had a fantastic weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay at Piries Hotel, Edinburgh.

May I take this opportunity and clear that your package you booked with Superbreaks was standard twin room only(breakfast not included). The reception staff did explain at check in and have managed to upgrade your booking to an executive twin room

I agree that the weather was too hot but that doesn't happen quite often in Scotland.. we will keep that in mind for next summer to be more prepared

Once again thank you for your customs and hope we can welcome you in not to far in future

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst in Edinburgh. This hotel is very nice. We got upgraded to a suite too which was unexpected and very nice! The staff were friendly and the hotel is clean. The breakfast is okay. If you go expecting a full cooked breakfast then you will be disappointed as it is a continental. This is clearly stated when you book though and it was fine. The hotel location is good the only thing I would recommend is for the hotel to put on there website some directions around the roadworks which are taking place to build the tramway as it was challenge to get to if you don't know the area.

We will be back!

Thank you for a nice stay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and feedback on your recent stay at Piries Hotel, Edinburgh

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and Piries team was up to your expectations

Once again may I take this opportunity and thank you for staying with us

Looking forward to welcome you in not too far in future

Reviewed 23 June 2013

After a 7 hour drive to get here we find out that there is no Parking and that we will have to Pay £12 a day to park at the premier inn... Not amused. Room is small, bathroom is modern but door is broken and all the bedroom floor is damp. Not overly impressed. Reception staff are very helpful and friendly though and it is very central but I won't be rushing to come back here that's for certain.

• Stayed: June 2013
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and feedback on your stay at Piries hotel, Edinburgh

I agree that parking arrangement is not the best but we have no control over it. with regards to wet floor. after investigation it appears that the radiator was leaking overnight in your room which caused the carpet to be wet..The issue has been rectified and fixed

Please accept my apology and I hope you can visit us again so we can do better

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I was only staying in Edinburgh for one night (on route to the airport) but I couldn't haven't picked a better hotel for that one night.

The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, it shares the street with homes and other guest houses but does have a large sign so it's easy to spot. At the road end, two minutes from the hotel, there is a bus stop to get you right into the city and on the other side is the stop for the Lothian Buses 100 Express Airport Link.

After arriving outside the hotel and before I had even stepped in the door I received a helping hand with my suitcase up the steps from a kind member of staff. The same gentleman explained where to check in but he noticed there was a queue and asked if I just wanted to drop off luggage, which I did, so off he went to get some tags and that was me ready to head back into the city. Arriving back the same evening a different member of staff was at the desk but he was just as helpful as the first. He got the room sorted, took my details and was very polite when I asked for some help regarding public transport.

I was in room 21 which is on the second floor, (there seems to be no lift so heavy luggage could be difficult to get up and down) and was extremely surprised when I opened the door to a small but well decorated and high quality looking room. The bathroom was again small but in no way bad, it looked newly done, was clean and they provided basic toiletries. The tea tray was well stocked, extra pillows and plenty towels were already available in the room without asking at reception - but even if I had had to ask, I doubt it would have been of any bother. Wifi is available as an extra charge, if I remember rightly it goes from an hour to four hours and is pretty well priced. It cost £5 for four hours but it's not consecutive hours, you log on and off so can use the four hours over a few days if you wanted to. I didn't eat here, the cafe area looked small but was busy both on the morning of checking in and on the morning of checking out.

All in all a lovely little place that is well worth the money, in fact I stayed in Edinburgh the week previous and paid a lot of money for a well known hotel and received much worse quality and service there! If I ever need a little hotel close to the city centre and/or the airport I will be booking with The Piries.

Room Tip: Room 21 was a good room, if you went any higher and had lots of luggage you may struggle on the stai...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and feedback on your stay with us at Piries Hotel, Edinburgh

I am delighted that Piries and its team have made your stay enjoyable

May I take this opportunity to thank you and hopping for a return visit to extend our hospitality further

Reviewed 30 May 2013

me and my girlfriend stayed for 3 nights in room 8, The room was very clean and a nice good size for us, we haven't got 1 bad word to say about this hotel. The staff were great and helpful and met all the standards anyone could ask for. The breakfast was really nice too.

If you're looking for a nice cheap hotel in Edinburgh this is the place to be. we will defo be back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Piries Hotel, Edinburgh

I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable with us

Looking forward to welcome you in near future

Reviewed 8 May 2013

A pleasant hotel offering reasonable value REooms were clen and large .Good as a stopover for a night or two.On the main bus route to city centre and from airport ,however a pleasant walk to the city.One drawback was a lack of reasonable restaurants in the area
Breakfast included in rate was adequate

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Guest

I am delighted that Piries and the team have provided you with a satisfactory service

Once again we thank you for your customs

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The Piries was an okay hotel for our weekend away in Edinburgh for the money we paid. Definetely wouldnt have wanted to pay anymore though.
The room was very very small and was really warm (too warm) but the bathroom was really nice and modern. Flat screen TV. On our last morning, we were in bed in the buff and a man opened the door and walked in without knocking! It must have been staff as they had a key to get in. We didnt appreciate this, surely its appropriate to knock first???

The hotels location is very convenient for Haymarket station, but is about a 15-20 minute walk to Princes Street and the Centre. Our room rate included breakfast, but if it hadnt we wouldnt have paid the extra 6.50 supplement for the breakfast. Very mediocre continetal breakfast, often running out of different items.

We really enjoyed our weekend in Edinburgh, a fantastic city. I wouldn't neccessarily discourage people from staying at the Piries as it wasn't too bad value, but if you stretch your budget a little bit more I would do in future. And be prepared for people walking in your bedroom unannounced!!!

Room Tip: Request a larger room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim E
Khaledibrahim, General Manager at Piries Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on your last stay at Piries hotel, Edinburgh..

Your comments has been discussed with all team members to review the procedures and move forward

Please accept my apology for the inconvenient we may caused