“Totemo ooishi!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: YummyTori opened its flagship branch on Edinburgh’s Lothian Road in June 2012. YummyTori is an exciting new dining and drinking concept for Edinburgh, offering an authentic Japanese izakaya experience in a fun and casual atmosphere.The YummyTori experience is built around authentic Japanese cuisine. We specialise in yakitori skewers, Japanese tapas, imported Japanese drinks (sake, shochu and beers), our own cocktails matched to our food and exceptional service.
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Delicious food and energetic atmosphere! I was impressed with the Japanese welcome when I walked in the door and when the chef called for the staff by saying "saviso onegaishimasu!" I went there two nights in a row so I could taste the menu variety. Great concept for Edinburgh's multi-cultural vibe. I will be back there again one day.

Brenda M, Head of Marketing & Communications at YummyTori, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review. We are glad we impressed you and hope that some day you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Great food and a fantastic price. My mrs and I got 6 dishes, a side of garlic rice and two cokes for £24! We couldn't eat everything as they were quite generous portions. The staff were friendly and the decor feels clean.

We are glad you enjoyed your visit and found us to be good value for money. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Im sitting in yummytori right now, with my (japanese) wife, i have spent a lot of time in japan and we always find it difficult to find authentic japanese food in the uk unless we make it ourselves at home.

So we have ordered a bowl of ramen each, and two of the tapas style dishes, chicken katsu and takoyaki.

So this will be a rolling review, so far i can say the staff are friendly and helpful. The menu is typical of an 'izakaya' in japan, not so much a restaurant but a place to eat and drink...or just eat or just drink...with the portions being small so many different tastes can be eaten in one sitting. Its refreshing to find a japnese restaurant in the uk that does not focus on sushi. I will continue the review after we have eaten.

So...chicken katsu, takoyaki, gyoza ramen and prawn tempura ramen all finished. Very tasty. Very authentic. I cant comment on the rest of the menu but the dishes we tried tasted like they taste in japan.

We actually wanted to visit here last night (a sunday) but it was closed when we got here, so we decided to try a popular japanese/asian chain a bit further down the road, let me tell you, if you want authentic japanese food walk right past that chain restaurant and eat at yummytori.

Were visiting edinburgh from liverpool, but if this restaurant was in our city we would eat here often. For less than £30 we got a beer each and all the food i mentioned.

Good job yummytori for serving real japanese food, and for not being sushi-centric and overpriced like most western japanese restaurants are.

All i will say, is if i ate the prawn tempura ramen again i would ask for the prawn tempura to be served on a side plate and not in the ramen bowl, as i like tempura most when it is crispy.

See you next time were in edinburgh.

1  Thank RyanAndHitomi

What a fantastic review. We really must thank you as I think that's the first time we have had a rolling review from someone actually sitting in the restaurant at the time.

We are glad you appreciate our concept and say that we provide great authentic Japanese food. We are also glad that although we were closed on your first visit you still decided to come back on the second evening. We are only closed on Sundays during January as it is a quiet month.

We hope when you next visit you will come back and say hello and we will do your prawns the way you would like them.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

4 for us came to Yummy Tori after various friends recommended the restaurant. We had the box meal an tried various different things recommend by the very friendly staff. I would defiantly go back with the family for lunch or dinner..

1  Thank Colliae

Thanks for your great review. We hope to see you back again for dinner at some point.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I came here for a quick lunch during a conference at EICC. I am a big fan of Japanese food and have had yakitori in Tokyo!!! The food here was very good - the bento box included some very nice side dishes and 3 scrumptious skewers. The lunch was light (perfect for a conference break) and very affordable. Oh and one more thing - try the alcohol free drinks; they were quite refreshing!

1  Thank jmasci
Brenda M, Head of Marketing & Communications at YummyTori, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for your great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your lunchtime visit. Please come back again very soon.