“hmmmm....”

Description: Luis Lobos is the owner I am wanting to write a review
Edinburgh
“hmmmm....”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Went on a Sunday evening and we were one of only two or three tables there. After being given the menus to peruse the poor waiter then had to list about 10 things were not available because they'd had 'an extremely busy weekend'. I looked around and thought well it's hardly busy now so why didn't someone pop out and pick up a few of the missing ingredients?
There was so much unavailable I honestly wouldn't have gone if I'd known. I am vegetarian too so it left me with pretty much no choice.
They also put the football on - okay it was the Spain v Germany final but if I'd wanted to watch it I'd have stayed at home.
Shame because I really wanted it to be good and the food was fine but it just felt like they couldn't be bothered.

• Visited July 2012

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Welcome back Luis!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Luis has returned and in some style, food is amazing, please try the six times cooked octopus its melts in the mouth and the ox cheek is devine... House red wine simply brilliant. The new premises are exactly what Luis has been looking for, it is perfect. Daytimes its ideal for a business lunch, or just a blissful afternoon banquet which we had. Families are also catered for high chairs freely available and kids will love the portions and ability to explore new tastes and indeed the tastebuds will be tickled. Evenings are perfect, the ambience would fool you into thinking that you were indeed in Madrid! You can even watch your food being cooked either by Luis or by his new head chef Jose. Luis is ever the perfect host and long may the Tapas Tree reign over Leith and Edinburgh.

• Visited June 2012