“Excellent value for money”

Michael Neave's Kitchen and Whisky Bar
Ranked #29 of 2,457 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Grenoble, France
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I went there for a late lunch during the Spring Bank holiday and I found the fixed price menu excellent. The food and service were great and the prices way lower than what I would expect for such a good restaurant experience :)

Visited May 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“One of the best places in town!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We had a nice dinner - the food is delicious and the wine menu even better!however,not that many options on the menu (4 starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts with specials of the day also). I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who would like to have a memorable experience!about the staff...perfect service,attentive but not intrusive! This is "a must" if you are living in / visiting Edinburgh!! Highly recommended!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A lovely lunch - excellent food, service and value. Relatively compact but well-chosen wine list, with lots of wines by the glass. A real find. We had the Express lunch to try it - superb - but will be back for a la carte. Even in Festival time the restaurant is full of locals, who clearly know a good thing when they find it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jennifer1101
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner was so good that we went back for lunch”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I first noticed this place as I cut down to Cowgate from the Royal Mile, and checked out the menu next time I passed by.

My first visit was for dinner, which turned out to be a top class example of modern high end British food. The black pudding that accompanied my scallops starter was particularly good, and the venison main course was outstanding. At around £50 per person with drinks I thought it was good value for such excellent quality and service.

I returned a couple of days later to try the fixed price lunch, which was spectacularly good and amazing value at £7.95.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TheStateOfMe
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & a personal touch”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We came here for our first evening in Edinburgh, the service was very friendly and attentive. The food is excellent, and portion sizes are good. My only complaint is that it can be quite loud when it's a full house.

I would recommend this as a great intermediary between fine dining and mass market.

1 Thank Paws1991