“Tasty food and friendly service”
Review of Pomegranate

Pomegranate
Ranked #165 of 2,483 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$11 - US$31
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Edinburgh's funky, new, contemporary Middle Eastern Mezze and Shisha bar!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Tasty food and friendly service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been to Pomegranate a couple of times and both times have been great. The front of the restaurant is so colourful and different from the other restaurants in the area, which I think is what made me want to go in from the moment it opened! The service is excellent from the moment you walk in the door and the staff are always happy to answer your questions about the menu. It is a BYOB, so if you want to drink alcohol you need to bring it with you. Both times I went I had a selection of the mezzes, shared with another person. Last time we had the hummus with lamb on it, grilled aubergines, fried halloumi, baba ganoush, falafel and seasoned minced lamb parcels (can't remember the name!). We paid 27 pounds for all this and it was more than enough for two people. Every dish was excellent but the aubergines, hummus and baba ganoush were particularly good. The lamb on the hummus is absolutely amazing! The food came quickly and we were never rushed. Pomegranate also have shisha pipes available for use outside if you fancy, but we didn't have any.

• Visited May 2014

• Arabic first
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Something out of the ordinary”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We're not big into restaurant eating, so this was the first time we'd ever tried a mezze style meal. To us it was refreshingly different. The middle eastern habit of offering water on the table as soon as we arrived was very welcome. Staff were cheerful, friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. I noticed one staff member going out of his way to check information with the kitchen for folk on an adjacent table. Food was quite varied - after all we did have mezze - tasty and well presented. Not a vegetarian restaurant as such, but extremely veggie friendly. Hope to go again.

• Visited May 2014
Salalah, Oman
“Lovely food & friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Visited here for a 2nd time and enjoyed it more this time round. My friend and I shared 6 mezze and they were delicious, with lovely naan bread to accompany them. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the pricing was helped by the waiter pointing out the deal for 6 mezze (which we'd missed) and a subsequent waitress informing us when we asked for the bill that we could have a pre-theatre deal as we had eaten early. The last time I visited my only complaint had really been about the lack of value for money. This was very much addressed this time and assisted by the staff making sure we got the best deal. Only disappointing thing was that the vast majority of desserts were unavailable. I ordered a latte instead which I didn't like much - incredibly strong and bitter. But for Middle Eastern food, they do it very well.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Anokhi10
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Friendly and buzzing restaurant”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited this hotel towards the end of our stay having been recommended to try it by some local friends. The restaurant allows you to bring your own wine along, which meant we were able to browse one of the lovely local wine merchants and treat ourselves.

The food here was very nice and service friendly despite the place being really busy. The food was all of a good quality but the bread was especially good.

Like most of the nicer places to eat in Edinburgh I think booking is advisable.

• Visited November 2013
“Great mezze!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Popped in for a quick bite with my boyfriend. We went for the mezze selection which is brilliant value and more than satisfying amounts of food. The spicy sausage was a particular highlight!! Looking forward to go back

• Visited June 2014