“Great coffee in good location”
Review of Razzo Coffee - CLOSED

Razzo Coffee
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Got coffees here a couple of times when in Edinburgh for rugby weekend. Must be good, several Scotland players popped in whilst we were there. Friendly service, great coffee, good selection of food inc gluten free. Also good spot for people watching even on a cold day. Tip - wrap up warm if chilly as inside seating limited. Will be out regular Edinburgh coffee spot from now on.

Date of visit: March 2013
1  Thank Watwood

Reviewed 18 November 2013

One of my favourites . If you enjoy really good coffee this place is worth a visit. Not many seats inside but generally more outside. Lots of activity happens in St Andrew Square and lots of time there are events happening. Great in the Summer and still good on a crisp cold day to sit and watch the world go by. The service can be a bit slow at times, but worth the wait. Snacks are a reasonable price as is the coffee.

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank Kath53330
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I'm only going to talk about coffee here. Not with stuff in it. Just expresso!

In the last couple of years Edinburgh has had a veritable explosion of good cafes and quite a few truly wonderful ones to the extent that we are now spoiled for choice. No complaint from me.

Razzo is top of the pile for me. Not just because they do it the right way or they have the fantastic location - other cafes have that too. It's the flavour they consistently get out of the bean. Always mellow (zero bitterness) yet complex.

The shops that do the Square Mile roasts (like nearby Wellington) come very close but this one still edges them.

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank Jacimba
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I only have good things to say about this quirky little coffee shop in St Andrew Sq. I've been here for breakfast, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea and a post-shopping glass of wine (on different days, obviously) and it's become my go-to for a delicious cup of coffee or a light snack in the city centre. As a regular, I have noticed that the staff are quite geeky about the quality of the coffee they serve, and they do seem to try very hard to please - you can tell from replies below that they take their service seriously. The location is lovely too, particularly on a sunny day during the festival (but it's even quite nice to sip a hot drink in the garden on a winter's day).

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I decided to grab a coffee on the go at Razzo. I ordered a decaff latte which took at least 5 min to be prepared even though there was 4 people behind the counter and no other customers were waiting for their drinks. How a barista can take so long to prepare a latte is beyond me, coffee is good but defo not worth the wait.

Date of visit: July 2013
2  Thank Fiona N
Razzocoffee, Owner at Razzo Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hi
I’m sorry you felt it was too long to wait; every coffee is different and making a good decaf espresso can take a couple of minutes (decaf beans have less moisture and are brittle, we find sometimes they react different when brewing).
I'm guessing the barista pulled a shot, wasn't happy, made an adjustment to the grinder and pulled a second shot before steaming your milk. Having 3 colleagues to help would not have make things any quicker. It's a low consumption drink but we're keen to make sure it always tastes great.
If you are local, email paul@razzocoffee.co.uk and I’ll vouchers for some coffee on us.