“Great wee place to visit”
Review of Edinburgh Larder Bistro - CLOSED

Edinburgh Larder Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: "Fresh, bright, and delicious" The Edinburgh Larder Bistro on Alva Street at the west end corner of Prince’s Street, with its light interior and conservatory, is the ideal place to enjoy seasonal, Scottish food! The Edinburgh Larder team works closely with local farmers, fishmongers, fruit, vegetable and drinks suppliers to bring you the best of local Scottish produce. With a regularly changing seasonal menu and daily market specials, you will experience the delicious flavours of the Scottish countryside.The buzzy atmosphere of The Edinburgh Larder Bistro is the perfect ambience to unwind as you clear your plate of daily specials and menu favourites, and quench your thirst - try one of the incredible botanical drinks produced in Scotland (Edinburgh Gin and Pincer Vodka are our favourites!); Scotch malt whiskies; or Scottish brewed beers. There's a range of carefully selected wines and fizz - we specialise in sourcing interesting bottles from small artisan vineyards, and we make our own cordials, and serve Edinburgh-based Artisan Roast coffees and Eteaket teas.
Edinburgh
“Great wee place to visit”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Really enjoyed the Edinburgh Larder, we had afternoon tea with cocktails. I would say I have had better afternoon teas but at posher places, this was rustic and homely and I really enjoyed it. The staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful. Would go again for dinner this time, shame it's not open on Sundays but then everyone has to have a day off!

• Visited July 2014

“Quaint, rustic, unique and quirky both in character and food!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing meal here tonight with my fiancé. I am reviewing it so soon after as the food and atmosphere was just fantastic. If you like fresh food, full of flavour then this is the place to go. I had yellow courgette and garlic pesto soup to start which stayed very hot and the bread served with it was great. My fiancé had the smoked mackerel pate to start which was full of flavour. For mains we had sea-trout and pork. The desserts, ice cream/sorbet and a gooseberry cream were similarly full of beautiful flavours. All courses were perfectly sized and we left feeling a satisfied full.

I cannot rate this restaurant highly enough. From entering the place I could tell it would be great-unique decor and just a lovely feel. I would now rate this as one of my favourite restaurants, if not my very favourite. I am very picky about eating out but could find NO fault in this place. Excellent!!

• Visited July 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Edinburgh Favourite”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Edinburgh Larder Bistro is one of my lunchtime favourites.

Great locally sourced food, with lovely service, at a good price.

A perfect place to take the parents to.

• Visited December 2013
Majadahonda, Spain
“Good service and food - a bit noisy our table neighbourgs”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had our first dinner in Edinbourgh in the Larder Bistro and it was very nice. Good service, although the table next to us were a very noisy, but this wasnt the restaurants fault. We enjoyed the food and I recommend it as a good place to have dinner. I liked it and also did my family.

Visited June 2014
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“tasty new discovery”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I really enjoyed my first trip to this resturant and will be back. I had an interesting beatroot soup and the sea trout, which was delicious but a little overpowered with the strong mustard. There was some confusion with our booking and bill and it may have been a nice jesture to note our honesty letting them know that the bill was £30 cheaper than it should have been to have taken a small amount off for us, but there you go!

• Visited June 2014