“Finally! Delicious Dim sum in Edinburgh”
Review of Stack Dim Sum Bar

Stack Dim Sum Bar
Ranked #443 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have been meaning to try this place out for months and am so glad I finally did! The steamed dumplings were the best:both the prawn ones and the scallop and chive- I would return for these alone. The Cheung fun was a little disappointing- more Pork less rice roll would be better!
I love turnip cake ( i think you call it radish slice?!), was a bit unsure with your version being vegetarian but it was also delicious. Thankyou for accomodating our chilli oil demands!
I cant wait to go back wiht more friends and try more things..... our waitress was really lovely.... I hope this place gets a Roast Duck chef soon!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We heard so many good things about this place we had to try it. We followed the suggestion to have 4 dim sum for two people followed by a rice or noodle dish. Each dish was great and in fact so good we had another two dishes. Fried squid cake and Vietnamese spring rolls (which you wrap in a lettuce leaf) were amazing but really everything was so tasty. Our host gave us good advice and great service. It's small, there's not a huge wine list but if you want great dim sum and a friendly atmosphere then this is the place for you. We will be back and we'll bring our friends. All round 100% pleasure.

2  Thank 94,009,007
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Been eating Dim Sum for years and this is a great place, menu has a few interesting new ones that I had not had before, so always nice to try new things. The curry mussels were great. Well done for opening up against the big players like the Imperial Palace.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Enjoyable lunch at this little dim sum restaurant off Leith Walk. Fast service and fast food. Very tasty meal. Recommended.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We have now had two absolutely fantastic Yum Cha meals at Stack Dim Sum bar in Edinburgh and both meals surpassed the quality of Dim Sum dishes we have had anywhere in Edinburgh or even the UK (Glasgow, London and Manchester included). I would go so far to say that it equals many of the Dim Sum restaurants we experienced in Hong Kong (the home of Dim Sum) and approaches the famous Michelin starred Tim Ho Wan for quality.

I would particularly recommend the Siu Mai dumplings as they are beautifully made and a prime example of how they should be - Although most of the dishes could be recommended. The only dish I would say was a slight (very slight) let down was the Beef Ho Fun, which was a bit under seasoned.

I have, however, only been able to give Stack Dim Sum four stars out of five due to the shortcomings in the restaurant decor (very basic) and facilities (a single toilet down a unpainted corridor) although I recognise at this £15-20 per person price point this is could be seen as fairly harsh.