“Could have been so much better!”
Review of Assembly Bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Scottish
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was pretty disappointing overall. While I was parking the car, my daughter and her boyfriend went in and were shown to a table by a girl who said she would come over to take a drinks order but by the time I got there 10 minutes later (Friday 21 Sepember just before 6pm) there was no sign of activity anywhere. I then stood at the bar observing the rather inefficient service being dished out and then the only girl on duty clocked off without returning to take our order. I then made sure the next bar person came and took our order without further delay-only to find out that of the 10 draught beers supposedly on offer only 1 (Fosters) was available and thay had no sparkling water, only still. Even when other people were ordering wine the staff were having to go out of the bar (somehwere) to get it which seems very strange-perhaps a sign of cash flow problems if stock is so low.
Anyway the food was excellent so no complaints there and the place had a nice atmosphere.