“I'm even happier - the hand dryers have been replaced!”

Spice Lounge Kitchen
Ranked #709 of 2,529 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“I'm even happier - the hand dryers have been replaced!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We ate in the Spice Lounge again last night. Food was delicious as usual and service was extraordinarily quick when you consider that there was a big private function in the back area.

Chicken madras for me, lamb sag for my wife and we shared mushroom rice and a peshwari naan.

The staff are always very friendly to us and I was very pleased that my request for better hand dryers in a previous review had been granted!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank DaveKowalski

Leicestershire
“Great food / service and decor a must visit”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My friends and I visited Spice Lounge Kitchen as part of my hen weekend. It was the only sit down meal we had whilst in Edinburgh so we were looking for something special and we were not left disappointed.

The place had a really nice family feel to it. Situated to the right was the bar area and to the left the restaurant area. The decor in the restaurant was contemporary. We decided to sit within one of the booths which was comfortable and spacious.

Having a love of spice i tried 2 dishes on the menu the Lamb Laal Mass and the Goan King Prawn Curry. Both full of flavour with a real kick.

Inbetween our starters and mains we were served a vegetarian tikki which was delicious and beautifully presented i would have been happy with that as a main course (a must try).

The rest of the menu offered a variety that differs from your typical indian restaurant so there is something for everyone.

Situated within close proximity of Edinburgh Zoo and the beach it makes a great place for all the family. I will definitely be returning on my next visit to Edinburgh.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chancers”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went with business colleagues after a visit to The Royal Highland Show. food good reasonable value for money until the Bill came. They tried it on with an extra bottle of wine and main course that we did not have. When confronted with this they looked at each other as if to say how did we notice. Will NOT be back and will tell all the people I know about there shady tactics

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Arthur H
“Fantastic place to go”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Went to the Spice Lounge Kitchen with friends for the buffet, being a lover of all food from the sub-continent I've been to many 5* Indian restaurants and despite other reviews on TA I have to say this is one of (if not the) best I've been to. As you'd expect the buffet was plentiful despite it being Father's Day and was frequently ressuplied. The staff were extremely knowledgable in what was being offered and were pleasant and polite at all times. Maybe the bad reviewers were unlucky on their visits but I would highly recommend the spice lounge and hopefully return there one day soon.

Visited June 2014
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Looking for somewhere to eat out on a sunny Saturday evening & we decided to try this restaurant after good recommendations. Service was very quick and staff attentive. Some varied choices on the menu compared to other Indian restaurants we've been to. Both main dishes were extremely tasty & not so hot that you can't actually taste the spices. My lamb melted in the mouth and there was plenty of it.
Decor is fresh, modern & comfortable seats. Toilets clean & modern. An all round great experience so we'll go back to try more of the tasty dishes.

• Visited May 2014