“Enjoyable meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a lovely meal in the Spice Lounge last night. The restaurant was busy but we didn't wait long as the service was really efficient . To be honest I'm not a massive Indian food fan but I think I might be a convert ! The sizzling tandoori chicken was really nice and not too hot, my wife had the sizzling tandoori king prawn and also loved it. Look forward to returning.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I came here with my two girls (5&3yo) as i stay within walking distance of the restaurant & they advertise a Sunday buffet. We weren't disappointed. There is something for everyone, even my young ones. Once we were shown to our table & ordered our drinks, we went up to the tables and its a case of help yourself. There's vegetarian as well as meat dishes so caters for most. I would definitely visit here again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We ate in the Spice Lounge again last night. Food was delicious as usual and service was extraordinarily quick when you consider that there was a big private function in the back area.

Chicken madras for me, lamb sag for my wife and we shared mushroom rice and a peshwari naan.

The staff are always very friendly to us and I was very pleased that my request for better hand dryers in a previous review had been granted!

2  Thank DaveKowalski
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My friends and I visited Spice Lounge Kitchen as part of my hen weekend. It was the only sit down meal we had whilst in Edinburgh so we were looking for something special and we were not left disappointed.

The place had a really nice family feel to it. Situated to the right was the bar area and to the left the restaurant area. The decor in the restaurant was contemporary. We decided to sit within one of the booths which was comfortable and spacious.

Having a love of spice i tried 2 dishes on the menu the Lamb Laal Mass and the Goan King Prawn Curry. Both full of flavour with a real kick.

Inbetween our starters and mains we were served a vegetarian tikki which was delicious and beautifully presented i would have been happy with that as a main course (a must try).

The rest of the menu offered a variety that differs from your typical indian restaurant so there is something for everyone.

Situated within close proximity of Edinburgh Zoo and the beach it makes a great place for all the family. I will definitely be returning on my next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went with business colleagues after a visit to The Royal Highland Show. food good reasonable value for money until the Bill came. They tried it on with an extra bottle of wine and main course that we did not have. When confronted with this they looked at each other as if to say how did we notice. Will NOT be back and will tell all the people I know about there shady tactics

1  Thank Arthur H