“Fantastic treatment, couldn't live without it now!”

Shivago Thai Clinic
More attraction details
Owner description: Shivago Thai Clinic is a family run practice led by Kei and Hoeyyn De Freitas who are passionate adherents of the art of traditional Thai Healing and Asian Medicine. Established in London in 2006, Shivago moved to Edinburgh in 2008 after brief visits to Edinburgh cemented Kei and Hoeyyn's love for the city. Shivago Thai Clinic has built a solid reputation in Traditional Thai Therapy within Scotland and England, and has been featured in many press and media reports.The clinic has developed a regular following of clients who love authentic traditional Thai therapies. Shivago is located just off the historic Royal Mile, has a very traditional atmosphere and offers a relaxing respite from the hubbub of the city. The clinic also hosts the Shivago Thai School, which has trained successful therapists and spa professionals from around the world including those from The Carnegie Club at Skibo Castle. Our team of professional therapists are all fully trained and insured and aim to provide the highest level of professional Thai therapies in Edinburgh. We offer a range of services from relaxation massage for health maintenance to therapeutic massage for pain related maladies. Our Shivago Signature Treatment tailors your treatment to your individual needs incorporating Thai cupping therapy, Thai herbal compress massage and therapeutic Thai massage. If you have any questions about how our treatments may be able to help you, to book an appointment or purchasing a treatment voucher please contact us. A warm welcome will always await you at Shivago Thai Clinic.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic treatment, couldn't live without it now!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've been treated by Kei at the Shivago Clinic for about 3 months now and can't recommend him highly enough. The whole experience is relaxing and calming and he has reduced my pain levels hugely. Going weekly really helps me keep on top of things. If you're reading this review and wondering whether to give it a go, I'd say don't hesitate, you won't look back :).

Visited June 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best massage in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been to Hoeyyn for thai herbal compress and thai theraputic massage and she is without a doubt the best massage therapist I have ever been to.
The approach at the clinic is very holistic, it is clear that not only is loosening and stretching out your muscles important, but also clearing your mind and allowing positive energy to flow through you.
The massage is very dynamic, and tailored to your needs, with Hoeyyn genuinely caring for your well being. I feel in very safe and professional hands and only wish I could go more often. I would recommend a treatment to anyone.

Thank you!
Claire

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CM_Edin
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great treatment, shame I don't live in Edinburgh!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked the Thai therapy treatment for pain for both myself and my partner, to enjoy whilst on holiday in Edinburgh. Kei and Hoevyn were both very friendly and we found common ground in the fact that Kei is portuguese, as is my partner. The treatment experience was great (hoevyn treated me) and it was different to any treatment I've had before (I've had many) as it was a very holistic approach. We moved around a lot during the treatment to different positions, so it is by no means a 'lie down for a hour and get pampered by oils' type of massage. In my opinion it was far better, just as relaxing and far more effective. I only fear that the standard has been set too high now and I will struggle to find something similar locally. I will definitely be trying though and I can recommend this treatment to anyone suffering pain.

Visited May 2014
Oban, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Get a Thai Massage Therapy”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I recomend this great Thai massage Clinic to everyone! I got a superb treatment from Kei, I felt incredible great after the massage he gave me!!!!!!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank RobiSzan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends all had the full body massage and would happily recommend this to our family and friends. The staff are very welcoming and the service and massage themselves were a great experience. We will be returning upon our next trip to edinburgh

1 Thank Scottalent