“Excellent Experience - I feel much better”

Shivago Thai Clinic
More attraction details
Owner description: Shivago Thai Clinic is a family run practice led by Kei and Hoeyyn De Freitas who are passionate adherents of the art of traditional Thai Healing and Asian Medicine. Established in London in 2006, Shivago moved to Edinburgh in 2008 after brief visits to Edinburgh cemented Kei and Hoeyyn's love for the city. Shivago Thai Clinic has built a solid reputation in Traditional Thai Therapy within Scotland and England, and has been featured in many press and media reports.The clinic has developed a regular following of clients who love authentic traditional Thai therapies. Shivago is located just off the historic Royal Mile, has a very traditional atmosphere and offers a relaxing respite from the hubbub of the city. The clinic also hosts the Shivago Thai School, which has trained successful therapists and spa professionals from around the world including those from The Carnegie Club at Skibo Castle. Our team of professional therapists are all fully trained and insured and aim to provide the highest level of professional Thai therapies in Edinburgh. We offer a range of services from relaxation massage for health maintenance to therapeutic massage for pain related maladies. Our Shivago Signature Treatment tailors your treatment to your individual needs incorporating Thai cupping therapy, Thai herbal compress massage and therapeutic Thai massage. If you have any questions about how our treatments may be able to help you, to book an appointment or purchasing a treatment voucher please contact us. A warm welcome will always await you at Shivago Thai Clinic.
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Hoyn is a fabulous therapist. She's experienced, intuitive, and I feel so much better after each time I've seen her. I've received several Thai massages in the past and Hoyn's was the best! She's an extremely talented artist as well - check out her art gallery after your massage.

All reviews
"thai massage"
in 15 reviews
"pain relief"
in 3 reviews
"the hot herbal compress"
"massage experience"
"releasing"
"skilled"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

WONDERFUL Therapeutic Thai Massage from K! I was late and he graciously extended my time. I am a massage therapist from Florida and have studied (although I do not practice) Thai Massage in Thailand where K did extensive training in many levels, and it shows! My hips, legs and ankles were extremely tight from travel and walking Edinburgh hills and he gently but thoroughly released so much tension. The setting is very calming and lovely and I was treated to a little post massage tea ritual before sending me out into the world again. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND K and Shivago Thai Clinic! Thank you again!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We went to many places, but here the efficent manner and preffossional approch made us want to cone back for many more.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

No doubt, the absolute god damn BEST place for a massage, and none of the wannabe half-assed spa nonsense. They are dedicated, knowledgeable, and very adept. During my Masters, Hoeyyn helped (saved me, rather) me out with my myofascial pain and knots with her shoulder & neck massages. No matter the duration of the treatments, every single time I would come back feeling rejuvenated. I cannot thank her enough for making the year tolerable, for always being so ready to adjust the timings, and last but not the least - for welcoming me with a huge grin every time. Every penny well spent.

P.S. She is an incredible painter! And makes amazing cups of green tea.