“Truly bizarre....back to the 1970's service culture” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, British, American
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Truly bizarre....back to the 1970's service culture”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

At the outset I should say that I like independent, non chain cafes compared to the normal Costa & Starbucks so this place should have been perfect. A slightly odd, hippyish independent cafe which looked nice enough from the outside. To be fair, the coffee - when it eventually arrived - was ok, but the whole palaver surrounding it was truly surreal. At one point I felt as if we were taking part in a Monty Python 'cheese shop' type sketch. We arrived between 11.45am and 11.50am after a long journey so the five of us decided we could do with a pre-lunch/elevenses type snack of a bacon roll which was clearly available (and people were eating them). We tried to order only to be told that the kitchen had been closed for breakfast due to unforeseen circumstances, but it would re-open for lunch at noon (ie 10 mins time) but they couldn't take an order until then. Anyway we'd lost interest in food by this point and having waited 20 minutes for a cup of coffee, we were despairing of getting anything. Then two waiters then came over and gave us a different but long winded version of the whole breakfast/lunch menu routine which was so complicated that I am not sure they really understood it! Anyway, the bottom line was we had our drinks and left and maybe we were just unlucky to have arrived in this 10 minute demi Monde between breakfast and lunch when nothing seems
possible or feasible. I felt I was in a time warp back to the 1970s!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BucksBlue

Scotland, UK
“Love this cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Recently had a late breakfast here which is usually difficult being gluten free but had a wonderful homemade granola with fruit compote and Greek yoghurt, it was amazing. Coffee was also very nice. They also bake their own gluten free cake, a rare treat indeed, some places want to fob me off with a bought in gf biscuit!!! My husband had a very yummy looking bacon roll. Lovely staff and a nice spot to sit outside in the sun, love it.

2 Thank buntyScotland_UK
Edinburgh
“Great place to watch the world go by”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Having been woefully unprepared for rain (it started out so sunny!) I ducked into I Heart Cafe to keep dry and was very pleasantly surprised by the direction the cafe has taken recently. There was plenty of interesting food to choose from. I went for home made sausage and beet root pastry rolls and was not disappointed.
If you manage to get one of the sofa seats near the window then I Heart Cafe is a fantastic spot for watching the world go by. I could have spent much longer there and will definitely be back for some of the homemade cake. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Eve_ecosse
Carnforth, United Kingdom
“Great cafe - you must try this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I visited this cafe late morning and lingered much longer than planned - it was a real treat! Lovely relaxing atmosphere from the moment we entered, with some great music playing and the smell of fresh coffee, comfy seating and such friendly, helpful staff - we were made to feel so welcome! There was a great range of food on their menu from various breakfast items through to all kinds of yummy lunches and cakes, and all freshly made. Try their pulled pork sandwiches - superb! Will definitely visit here again soon!

3 Thank Nicola B
Kent, United Kingdom
“Best cafe in Edinburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had the good fortune of visiting this wonderful café on my recent visit to Edinburgh for work. The atmosphere is wonderful, very friendly and homely feel to the place. There is a lovely sofa where you can sit at ease and have a coffee and read a paper. The friendly service made me feel at home, nothing was too much trouble and the food and coffee were to die for. I especially enjoyed my eggs benedict (I have had these in a New York café in the past and what I tasted in this café far surpassed those I have had before). I loved the home made selection of cakes and the whole experience was a delight. I would suggest everyone finds an hour out of their day to go visit this lovely place. Well done.

3 Thank Katie L