“Prices raised for Festival !”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Jimmy Chung - CLOSED

Jimmy Chung
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: West End
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Prices raised for Festival !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had looked up prices online before going to Edinburgh for the festival, only to arrive there and find stickers over the prices. We enquired why the prices had increased and were told that all Edinburgh restaurants had increased their prices for the festival. Bad show ripping people off. We were greeted (or not) by a sullen waitress who demanded to know my age because I had said I was a concession . The staff couldn't have cared less whether we were there or not , the food was ok and suited the 4 children that were with us . I wouldn't return.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jennifer B

Perth, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were brusquely shown to our table by "management" and the waitress who took our drinks order could only be described as sullen, perhaps because as the driver, I only wanted tap water. The buffet starters were ok, I only wish I had stuck with them. The mains were 1000 ways to cook chicken, all of them dry and tasteless. Even adding some of the sauces did nothing to improve them. They have these signs up asking us not to waste food. If they provided edible food, it might not get wasted.
Very brash and noisy, with frequent deafening interruptions of "Happy Birthday" accompanying a ceremonial slice of cake with a candle.
Apparently don't have to rely on repeat business.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank 3xGrandit
“Check your glasses & crockery...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The first time we went to Jimmy Chungs we would have given it a 4/5. The service is good. The food is varied & nice to be able to try different dishes. No complaints tbh.
This time we were deafened twice by birthday & then wedding music. It was so loud we got a fright & had to plug our ears.
Then I noticed our drinks glasses (not all of them) were scratched and had dishwasher residue on them. Made my complaint. Paid the bill. Not going back.

2 Thank Dawn H
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Cheap but could be warmer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious Chinese food, popular with Asian tourists. Service was efficient and friendly. The only concern was some of the meals on the buffet were a little cold.
Good selection of starters, main courses but the desert choice was minimal. I would go again as it was only £9.99pp on a Thursday night

Visited July 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This one is better than the one by the train station as it offers more choice. Its OK for a buffet but its not a notch on Cosmos

• Visited April 2014