“Hidden Gem.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We found this Restaurant by chance, during the Edinburgh Festival. Everywhere had queues, but we got a table without a problem.
My son (19) and I enjoyed a delicious lunch in a convivial atmosphere.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
2 starters, and 2 main courses....one of which was steak......came in at around £20.
The portions were large and more than satisfied a hungry student.
I would definitely recommend this (and I have already) to anyone looking for good quality food at a very reasonable price.
Thank you Madogs!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had never been to Madogs before and it was recommended to us, we booked in on a busy Saturday night, was impressed with the atmosphere (and the cocktails). We arrived early and the table was ready so we were seated early, once the order was taken the few that had starters were served quickly, but after that we waiting over an hour for main courses, and there were a mix up with the orders which the staff promptly rectified. I personally was not overly impressed with the food, myself and husband always ask for our steaks medium to well done, however we found both our steaks burnt and they tasted burnt and very chewy. Overall the staff and venue was very good but the food was average at best although not overpriced. I don't think I will go back.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We have been here a couple of times after purchasing deals on Groupon - £24 for an 8oz steak and a bottle of wine or cocktail.
The steak was delicious, accompanied with generous portion of chips and salad.
Small modern restaurant and lovely staff.
Would visit again if I purchased another Groupon as I felt it was better value for money as the menu is rather pricey.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have visited here on many occasions, with a variety of people from Family to Friends, and on every occasion, my group and I, have always enjoyed the food, and the service, and the cost.

Food, the burgers are very good, as are the steaks, and I do like the chicken club sandwich, it's is very tasty, and I would recommend it.

Staff, for the most part, have always been great with me, very helpful, friendly, and make our visits here very enjoyable, and worthy of recommending.

The surroundings are very nice also. Clean, comfortable, and relaxing.

I would definitely recommend this place to any of my friends, and family, as I have done on many occasions, so for those reading Tripadvisor, if your looknig for such a place, give it a try, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank JamzyW
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The surroundings are very nice also. Clean, comfortable, and relaxing.