“Poor”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I came here a few years ago when it was under the previous management and chef. It was really good and food was professionally made. Unfortunately, the chef has changed and the food is just terrible when I ordered delivery 1 year ago. I thought I would give them another chance but unfortunately, I was disappointed yet again. This will be the last time I order from them ever again. I ordered quite a few selection together with a mate. The sushi is just made with too much rice and not much filling and just too big. The rest of the food was substandard. The worst was the salmon sashimi. As with any raw fish, you need fresh fish. We ordered about 12 pieces. Half of it .......... was still half Frozen! I hate writing bad reviews. Unfortunately, Epic Fail for a Japanese restaurant especially with the frozen salmon.

1  Thank badlydrawnkid

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Found this wee restaurant on a previous visit to Haymarket end of Edinburgh. It is so small there is a chance you would walk pass it without realising, and it is just as small inside, with only a few very basic tables. But we were not disappointed at all with the great choice of food! Fantastic sushi, sashimi, nigri etc. And for those none fish lovers, plenty japanese, thai and chinese flavours. Hardest bit was trying to decide!
The only downside was that it was cold inside the restaurant, and I mean very cold!! Granted it was freezing outside, but we had hoped for a wee bit heat! But all plates were cleared, and those that weren't came home in a carryout container.
Would definately visit again, but either in the summer, or for takeaway on the way home.

Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

We ordered as delivery. It wasnt great. Poor quality and poor value. The rolls were folling apart, there were more rice than aything else.I will not order again.