“Great little sandwiches bar!”

Bite Me! sandwich bar
Ranked #524 of 2,626 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Friendly staff making tasty sandwiches. I had the roast beef, it came on delicious fresh bread with all of the usual trimmings. Sitting is was nice as they have separated the walk-in part of the business from a quieter area where you can sit. Enjoyed it and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Nice people, good food and teas. This is our third year at the Fringe and we always come here which is as high a recommendation as I can give.

1  Thank Treaders76
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Couldnt ask for better amazing food and the staff were friendly as well 10 outa 10 and it was a short walk from the hotel room we r staying at which made or morning we could get breakfast on our way into town of Edinburgh it self

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just called in for coffee and a quick drink.
Excellent attentive staff, as about to close, but happy to serve us, let us sit and drink whilst they cleaned and closed up !
Must say very clean !!
Sandwich/ bagel menu looked scrummy - wish we had gone there earlier !!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Looked very promising from the street and staff were welcoming. But our breakfast was totally served like it was "to go" even though we stated it was for eat in and we sat at a table. There were about eight tables in all. My tasty granola came in a plastic bowl with lid, our coffees in cardboard cups, Scottish fried breakfast came in a cardboard box, cutlery was plastic, my toast came buttered with jam and brought over to me in a folded over brown paper bag. This must be the culture of the place...just disposable, whether you eat in or out. I felt this was a shame on environmental grounds. But if you don't mind that then by all means check this place out. Scottish fry up was very greasy though. They also had no toilets for customers...strange.

1  Thank Dechtire
alanrstewart, Manager at Bite Me! sandwich bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I'd like to thank you for your custom this week, and I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations.

As I explained when you ordered at the counter, we are a takeaway shop and serve our food in takeaway containers, but despite this our customers are always welcome to sit in.

With regards your point about environmental issues, all of our disposable containers are 100% compostable. You may not have noticed, but we have 3 recycling bins within the shop and we actively encourage our customers to recycle.

I'm surprised that you thought your scottish cooked breakfast was greasy as all items are cooked on a hotplate rather than in a greasy frying pan.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh, and hope to see you on your next visit.