“Excellent food friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #665 of 2,438 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Fareham, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

popped in here on my arrival in Edinburgh before checking into hotel young man served us very pleasant and extremely helpful had lunch and it was delicious I had the buffalo burger with haggis nicest burger ever and well mcsweens haggis all I can say is awesome. I returned here on last night of my holiday and again food was divine young man was not around when we ordered but came in whilst we were eating and made a point of coming to speak to us. Will definitely visit again when next in Edinburgh.

• Visited October 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Nice pub; great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This small pub has a nice friendly atmosphere and good service. The food was good and plentiful; I had to leave half my main course so I had room for the gorgeous sticky date pudding!

• Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“It's not a restaurant, but always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have been into this pub a few times to meet friends etc and on occassion, have had food. I have never had a bad experience. The staff are always pleasant and the food is always of a higher standard than one would expect from a pub. I have previously and would again highly reccommend anyone to visit.
Have said 'no' to the question 'is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant?' simply because it's not a restaurant and i wouldn't expect it to provide a better meal than the Michelin star establishments i have visited. That being said, it is better quality than some other restaurants I've eaten in.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely pub but terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Although I really liked the atmosphere within the pub and thought the staff were friendly, the food was extremely disappointing. Looking at other reviews I can only assume that they were short staffed. Our food came out burnt with no comment or apology. The table next to us had to wait over an hour for their food and when it came out the order was wrong. My partner was sick later that day and I felt ill the next day which we both felt was due to this meal. However, I would definitely go back there for drinks!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lily-Beth12
Dalkeith, United Kingdom
“Small but nice pub, food is on the average side”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were meeting friends for a show at the festival, and for quickness, we decided to eat here for the first time. We ordered the Macaroni and Cheese, and it was OK, along with the traditional chips, plus a couple of Pints, it came to just around £20, good value for money. This is normally a stop of place for a couple of drinks when heading out in Edinburgh, and it will remain to be that as we do like it here. Good atmosphere and a friendly welcome from the staff.

• 3 of 5 bubbles