“Fab little restaurant on our doorstep.”
Review of Curry Cafe

Curry Cafe
Ranked #1,430 of 2,570 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great place, great ambience, great service, great food. Took my mother there who isn't a huge 'curry' fan but she was delighted with the food, we'll be back!

4  Thank Speedy-Tortoise77

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have eaten in here a few times and had takeaways and it has always been consistently good. Incredible value if you get the meal deal (£15 for dinner for 2) and it's BYOB. Curries are beautifully prepared with the usual suspects and a few different dishes on the menu. Service is friendly and while it's not fancy, it's cheap, cheerful and you'd be hard pushed to find anything of equivalent value or taste.

4  Thank nairb659
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place is very good. We have never been let down and the curries are delicious. We are always trying out new takeaways but always come back to curry cafe and its the best.

3  Thank Twinmummy94
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I tried this cafe last week when me and my were in Edinburgh. We being Indians never venture out eating Indian food abroad as they are never quite the best taste. So when we entered this place we didn't expect anythings good. But to our surprise the food turned out to be nice, nice nan breads and curries. I have had dined even in Michelin star indian restaurants but I must say this was the best curry in UK so far. Highly recommended and great value for money. Indian food normally gives us an upset tummy the next day so I was prepared for it too. But yet again everything was normal the next day too. So if you are in Edinburgh and planning to eat out, don't mis this place.

4  Thank Sibinsanks
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This is another of those small cafes in Edinburgh's Leith Walk that specialises in simple, good food, and friendly service. It is distinctly Indian (e.g. not Bangladeshi or Pakistani), and very welcoming. It is what it claims to be - a cafe that serves curry, and the dishes are imaginative and distinctive. We chanced in during Diwali, and at one point the cafe filled with friendly, cheerful and colourfully dressed local Hindus intent on having a good time. The owner wondered if we had been disturbed by this - but not in the least! It all added to the festive atmosphere. This little venture deserves every success, and we shall certainly be back. BYOB.

2  Thank CeithFaclair