“what a wonderful place”

Cherrytrees Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #173 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I would highly recommend cherrytree b&b. Jan went out of her way to make us feel welcome and went out of her way to help. She gave lots of good advice and ensure we had a wonderful time. The room was lovely, well laid out and good value. Easy to access Edinburgh on the bus. I would highly recommend cherrytree especially as Jan was so helpful and welcoming.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have just returned from Edinburgh's Fringe and had to write about the wonderful stay I had at Cherrytrees B&B.

This accommodation was booked by my friend, so I had few expectations. However, upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the welcoming Jan and were given lots of valuable information about local services, including taxis, etc. Cherrytrees is set in a quiet and peaceful location and is around a 30 min bus ride / 15 min taxi journey from Princes Street.

Our room was lovely and spacious, impeccably clean and the bathroom was lovely. ( I want a shower like that at home!)

Due to our busy schedule, I didn't have time to properly sample the breakfast, however the fry-up smelt amazing and Jan ensured that I had some fruit to take with me each morning.

Jan went above and beyond and saved the day when, on the way to the airport, I realised I had forgotten my passport and keys in a chest of drawers. She immediately had it ferried to me in a taxi so that I didn't miss my flight. Thank you so much, Jan!!!

Highly recommended accommodation!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Could not ask for a better host. Jan was extremely helpful and welcoming with a good knowledge of where to eat in town. The room was lovely with a big comfortable bed and great bathroom. Breakfast was great with no shortage of things to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh D
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just got back jan was so welcoming breakfast great and a lovely bedroom and large bathroom everywhere was spotless bus stop 2 minutes away could not ask for anything more thankyou jan only £1.50 for the bus into centre of Edinburgh central for everything

Room Tip: Very friendly
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed at Cherrytrees as a base for the Fringe. It's around a 30 minute bus ride from the town centre however there is a bus every 10 minutes. The rooms are great, lovely king size bed and nice size bathroom. Jan is lovely and gave us a great welcome. If you are going to have a late night be aware that the taxi is going to be around £16 so try and get the night bus.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights with some friends to see some of the Fringe, the bus stop was just a little way down the street they were around every ten minutes or so, and we arrived in he city in around forty minutes. The rooms were very comfortable with great big beds for a very good nights sleep. Bathrooms lovely and clean as was the rest of the place. Breakfast was great both mornings with no rush, plenty of tea and coffee. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms both were great.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were in Edinburgh for only one night and a good night's sleep was important. Cherrytrees was perfect for us and very family friendly - our three month old baby slept through the night for the first time here! The location is tranquil and convenient, the rooms are clean and very comfy. The owner Jan does a great breakfast and ensures you leave well fuelled for the day ahead. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Quiet, friendly, good breakfast, comfy bed, convenient public transport to Edinburgh city centre, fr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family