“A gem...”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
“A gem...”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

My partner (who is vegetarian) and I visited QZ 'on spec' and the pizza's were smashing + the tiramisu was great.

Very friendly service, lovely modern design and great food. Well worth the visit and highly recommended!!!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A very good modern Italian restaurant on edge of New Town”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were looking for an Italian restaurant - both this one and the larger chain restaurant next door were busy and looked popular on a Saturday night. I wanted a traditional (old fashioned) homely English Italian restaurant, but as we didn't find one we went to this as it looked cheerful and the menu looked good. It was an excellent Italian meal, with distinctive twists on classic Italian food. They catered well for dietary requirements, the larger than life front of house guy recommending the very good fish stew special for my wife. I had an excellent pasta with Italian sausage. The house wine was good and good value. The customers were very varied, from a couple on a date next to us, to guys on a night out. Bright and modern but relaxing and friendly. The staff forgot about us a bit when we wanted to order desert but gave us a very large portion of sorbet.

• Visited March 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A very good stylish Italian at the top of Prices Street.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Me and a group of friends recently visited for a mid pub crawl pit stop as we wanted somewhere close to Princes Street. Being part of a stag group we were pleasantly surprised the restaurant accommodated us without a reservation.

The entire group mostly went for just mains and opted for pizzas. I chose the seafood pizza which was one of the best I have ever had due to the quality of the ingredients. Unlike most seafood pizzas this one did not have tinned tuna on top but mussels, a razor clam, clams, anchovies, squid and prawns. With the restaurant having a stone bake oven, the pizza was superb and the seafood cooked very well. The thing that was the icing on the cake was that the seafood pizza was not the most expensive on the menu given this being the norm in other pizzerias.

The service was polite, quick and there was always someone nearby to help if we needed anything. The interior of the restaurant is more modern opting for a canteen look rather than a rustic feel.

I would definitely eat here again if I wanted pizza as the restaurant in literally off the top of Princes Street and I would rather give my custom to an independent rather than Zizzi that is next door. Worth a visit!!

• Visited March 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Okish”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This resteraunt has average service and okish food. This resteraunt did not live up to my standards. Nice staff though.

Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummmeee”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Most definately will be visiting this Italian again. The food is delicious and so well priced. In a street of 3 or 4 italians this is by far the best non franchise restaurant. The staff are very attentive and once you get to know them they will treat you! We let slip that we were going to share a desert and when it came out it was a portion for at least three people but still the price of a single portion! Can't fault them! Please give this place a go as you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014