“Very tasteless food ”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Royal Spice is located on the Royal Mile, Next to TRON church Edinburgh. It is about 5 minutes walk from grass market, 8 minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle, 5 minutes walk from Edinburgh Train Station, about 10 minutes walk from Parliament ad about5 minutes walk from Edinburgh museum. Royal Spice is closest Indian restaurant to Grass Market.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Being an asian, I know what asian food should taste like, this place is rubbish, the starter was okay, we ordered fish and chicken pakoras and it tasted alright but for main we ordered garlic chicken and chicken tika curry, the food was blend and cold, the naans were thick and we were given no salad no sauce. It was hard to believe they were charging so much for such a rubbish food and service. Don't think I'll ever go back there again.

3  Thank Sara C

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stopped in here before going to the Tattoo and have to say, what a meal.

We had the set menu and it certainly was a food challenge - each dish was fresh, tasty and filling and the Naan bread was the biggest I have ever seen!

Service was great - friendly staff who were genuinely interested in where we came from and if we were enjoying not just the food but also the city - great!

Recommended for anyone needing a hefty dinner before going to a show. Will be back when in town next time.

3  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Had a meal in between shows, sat outside, had great service and great food with free entertainment to boot. Couldn't be better

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Good food and service lots of choice on menu just stumbled upon this place while at the Edinburgh fringe, lovely meal!

1  Thank Monshell
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I just took a take away from them, I am eating a vegetarian curry with rice right now, wonderful! I was in hurry because I am working. They were very busy so I guess it is better to book for a sit in!

1  Thank annabeg