All reviews loch shiel georgian townhouse lovely big room top floor stayed here bath tv
Reviewed 18 September 2018

A wonderful boutique hotel within easy walking distance of St. Andrew's Square, the old town and Leith walk. It's a definite plus that it's within a few meters from the York place stop of the airline tram.

A definite plus is the modern but cozy interiors -- and the bath, of course, with a tub and rainfall shower. The staff provides complementary coffee, tea, milk, water and biscuits, which are fantastic small perks that are highly appreciated on rainy days in Edinburgh.

There are a few things that could be improved, such as a bit more diligence on the replacement of consumables in the bath (e.g. shower caps, shampoos) plus some improvements with wi-fi: I could get a good connection on the first day, but for the rest of the days, if was not accepting the password -- or there was a message to reset the router. This can be a bit problematic when you do need access from time to time. The service was otherwise always fantastic.

Would definitely stay again in one of the suites on my next visit to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: The back facing suites/rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Twelve_Picardy_Place, Manager at Rooms & Suites Picardy Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Good morning,

Many thanks for leaving us such a great review.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for all your feedback as well, we do appreciate any opportunity to improve.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Sam

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend during FRINGE and we found he location to be fantastic and the hotel to be very nice! We found everything we needed to be within a reasonable walking distance, unfortunately we didn’t get the opportunity to eat in the Steak restaurant... The only con I would have is when you are staying on the ground floor the steps can become a great effort although I’m sure it helped me keep in shape after all the eating out!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us, Edinburgh is great place to visit all year round, but especially in the Fringe.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again in the future!

Sam

Reviewed 13 August 2018

This has got to one of the best value for money hotels i've stayed at, especailly as Edinburgh is very expensive around this time of year.

Stylish rooms. Very friendly helpful staff. Great steak restaurant, and cool bar attached. Sky TV in the room. Great tea/coffee with fresh real milk everyday.

There are a few quirks in the room, i dunno what some of the switches were for and bathroom taps were a bit wobbily and the shower controls knock into each other, nothing that should affect you to much though.

The bar is a not noisy if you are facing it with the window open, but is quietens down before it gets too late and doesn't affect your sleep.

There are great places to have breakfast near-by, would recomend Papii and Dishoom!

Just a shame we were only staying for the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Twelve_Picardy_Place, Manager at Rooms & Suites Picardy Place, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and pointing out our excellent location.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

The hotel is in a great location and décor is modern and fresh. The staff are very friendly and helpful. However I did not realise at the time of booking, that the hotel had no breakfast facilities and there was no lift. My days of carrying a heavy case up 3 or 4 flight of stairs behind me. The other thing I would mention is road noise late at night and early morning But value for money wise all in all, good.

Room Tip: Room on the first floor; no lift. Great breakfast at 'Taste of Italy' 100 yards on opposite side of road.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Good evening,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review.
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed you stay with us and thank you for your kind words.

As you mention in your review we do not have an elevator here at Twelve Picardy Place as we are a listed building, however there are always staff on hand to carry luggage up to the rooms.

I do hope we can welcome you again if you plan on returning to Edinburgh!

Reviewed 1 August 2018

i booked this fabulous hotel for my partner and myself for an overnight stay , ok it was £120 for 1 night with no breakfast but hey its Edinburgh city centre , we arrived and were welcomed by a lovely Italian lady ( i think ) who made us very welcome and showed us to our room , the room was huge and very stylish , a great bed , a seating area , a desk and huge windows . the bathroom was really big with a huge bath a brilliant wetroom style rainforest shower ,double sink and a sunken tv to watch while in the bath, this is one of the nicest rooms ive stayed in and we will be going back . The location was amazing and has everything you need on the doorstep . bars restaurants , theatre cinemas you name it . AWSOME PLACE

Room Tip: excellent rooms
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, we are a small team here at Twelve Picardy Place and customer service is very important to us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.