All reviews loch shiel georgian townhouse lovely big room fabulous hotel top floor stayed here bath tv
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for one night to have a break. Couldn't fault anything at all. Stayed in the Loch Leven room, which had everything we needed, including a cool shower. Lovely staff and great location, thanks again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Twelve_Picardy_Place, Manager at Rooms & Suites Picardy Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Good morning Steve,

Thank you for leaving us a great review.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay,

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Our stay at Picardy Place was brilliant, could not fault it at all. If you like the high class lifestyle on a decent price this is the place for you. The staff were lovely and helpful, the room was top quality, the restaurant attached was a superb steak restaurant. It is right in the city Center to only a short walk to anywhere you would like to go.
Parking wasn’t an issue as they have a deal with the q-park that is a 2 min walk away

I would certainly recommend and will be considering on any other journeys I have to Edinburgh

Good morning Shane,

Many thanks for leaving us such a great review.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
Thank you for your kind words about our award winning STEAK Restaurant, I have passed your kind words over to our team.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

A wonderful boutique hotel within easy walking distance of St. Andrew's Square, the old town and Leith walk. It's a definite plus that it's within a few meters from the York place stop of the airline tram.

A definite plus is the modern but cozy interiors -- and the bath, of course, with a tub and rainfall shower. The staff provides complementary coffee, tea, milk, water and biscuits, which are fantastic small perks that are highly appreciated on rainy days in Edinburgh.

There are a few things that could be improved, such as a bit more diligence on the replacement of consumables in the bath (e.g. shower caps, shampoos) plus some improvements with wi-fi: I could get a good connection on the first day, but for the rest of the days, if was not accepting the password -- or there was a message to reset the router. This can be a bit problematic when you do need access from time to time. The service was otherwise always fantastic.

Would definitely stay again in one of the suites on my next visit to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: The back facing suites/rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

Many thanks for leaving us such a great review.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for all your feedback as well, we do appreciate any opportunity to improve.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend during FRINGE and we found he location to be fantastic and the hotel to be very nice! We found everything we needed to be within a reasonable walking distance, unfortunately we didn’t get the opportunity to eat in the Steak restaurant... The only con I would have is when you are staying on the ground floor the steps can become a great effort although I’m sure it helped me keep in shape after all the eating out!!

Good morning,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us, Edinburgh is great place to visit all year round, but especially in the Fringe.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

This has got to one of the best value for money hotels i've stayed at, especailly as Edinburgh is very expensive around this time of year.

Stylish rooms. Very friendly helpful staff. Great steak restaurant, and cool bar attached. Sky TV in the room. Great tea/coffee with fresh real milk everyday.

There are a few quirks in the room, i dunno what some of the switches were for and bathroom taps were a bit wobbily and the shower controls knock into each other, nothing that should affect you to much though.

The bar is a not noisy if you are facing it with the window open, but is quietens down before it gets too late and doesn't affect your sleep.

There are great places to have breakfast near-by, would recomend Papii and Dishoom!

Just a shame we were only staying for the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Twelve_Picardy_Place, Manager at Rooms & Suites Picardy Place, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and pointing out our excellent location.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Martina