All reviews loch shiel georgian townhouse lovely big room fabulous hotel no lift top floor on arrival stayed here bath tv luggage
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I may as well just start out by saying this hotel was so beautiful, we got ENGAGED in it!!
My now fiancé (still getting used to saying that) had looked at a few different places but settled on this one. He called the hotel to book a room for our trip to Edinburgh and spoke to a gentleman called Sam I believe and explained what he was planning to do and could we have a nice room. Sam went over a few options and once my fiancé decided which option was best, Sam said to leave it with him and he'd take care of it. And that he did.
I had no clue of where we were staying, so when we arrived outside I could see the place was bursting with character already. Georgian townhouse, just beautiful. We were swiftly checked in and shown to the room by the lovely receptionist, once we walked through the door we were completely gobsmacked. We were given the Loch Shiel master suite and boy did Sam deliver on his promise (which I later found out about) We spent the first 10 minutes walking around and just taking it all in. It really did have the wow factor. Having no idea what had been planned, I just assumed we were randomly upgraded.
The room itself is huge, with beautiful high ceilings. A cool chill area, a walk in wardrobe behind the bed unit, a 3D tv with glasses and then the bathroom, I'm lost for words when it comes to it. Huge! His and hers sinks, huge waterfall shower, massive full length mirror and then the bath. I am more of a shower person, but I ended up using the bath more, it was just brilliant and SO relaxing. It was positioned in front of a huge window that looked out onto the street. I'm not an exhibitionist so I closed the blind whilst bathing but I was able to peek out a few times and watch Edinburgh go by.
You do get some noise from the street but the one thing I noticed was we never heard much noise from inside the hotel. Normally you get some noise from the other rooms, doors closing, cleaners etc but we didn't seem to notice any of that. We really did feel like we were the only people there.
The other guests may beg to differ as they probably heard us returning to our room on the Saturday evening because when we walked in, there was rose petals on the bed and a bottle of champers sitting waiting. I of course let out a huge excited 'ohhhhhhh my goodness' upon seeing it and then let out an even louder 'OMG' when my partner went down on one knee. Of course I said YES!!
Needless to say Twelve Picardi Place & Edinburgh will always have a very special place in our hearts and we just want to thank all the lovely helpful staff who had a part in making our weekend one that we will never forget.
Oh and also, the restaurant attached to the hotel 'Steak' was absolutely beautiful. We couldn't help but splash out on our first night and we did not regret it. Highly recommend the Chateaubriand, beautiful.

Obviously cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and can't wait to visit again.

Room tip: huge rooms, packed with character
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Twelve_Picardy_Place, Manager at Rooms & Suites Picardy Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Good morning!

First of all congratulations on your engagement!, I am thrilled we were able to be part of such a special occasion.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review.
Thank you for kind words about Aga - the receptionist on duty and also Sam, I have passed your kind words across to them.

Wishing you all the best for your future!

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for one night to have a break. Couldn't fault anything at all. Stayed in the Loch Leven room, which had everything we needed, including a cool shower. Lovely staff and great location, thanks again.

Good morning Steve,

Thank you for leaving us a great review.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay,

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Our stay at Picardy Place was brilliant, could not fault it at all. If you like the high class lifestyle on a decent price this is the place for you. The staff were lovely and helpful, the room was top quality, the restaurant attached was a superb steak restaurant. It is right in the city Center to only a short walk to anywhere you would like to go.
Parking wasn’t an issue as they have a deal with the q-park that is a 2 min walk away

I would certainly recommend and will be considering on any other journeys I have to Edinburgh

Good morning Shane,

Many thanks for leaving us such a great review.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
Thank you for your kind words about our award winning STEAK Restaurant, I have passed your kind words over to our team.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

A wonderful boutique hotel within easy walking distance of St. Andrew's Square, the old town and Leith walk. It's a definite plus that it's within a few meters from the York place stop of the airline tram.

A definite plus is the modern but cozy interiors -- and the bath, of course, with a tub and rainfall shower. The staff provides complementary coffee, tea, milk, water and biscuits, which are fantastic small perks that are highly appreciated on rainy days in Edinburgh.

There are a few things that could be improved, such as a bit more diligence on the replacement of consumables in the bath (e.g. shower caps, shampoos) plus some improvements with wi-fi: I could get a good connection on the first day, but for the rest of the days, if was not accepting the password -- or there was a message to reset the router. This can be a bit problematic when you do need access from time to time. The service was otherwise always fantastic.

Would definitely stay again in one of the suites on my next visit to Edinburgh.

Room tip: The back facing suites/rooms are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good morning,

Many thanks for leaving us such a great review.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for all your feedback as well, we do appreciate any opportunity to improve.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend during FRINGE and we found he location to be fantastic and the hotel to be very nice! We found everything we needed to be within a reasonable walking distance, unfortunately we didn’t get the opportunity to eat in the Steak restaurant... The only con I would have is when you are staying on the ground floor the steps can become a great effort although I’m sure it helped me keep in shape after all the eating out!!

Good morning,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us, Edinburgh is great place to visit all year round, but especially in the Fringe.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again in the future!