“Lunch spolied”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Called in for lunch very recently and found the place empty. The waitress was very attentive and our order was soon taken. Whilst waiting for our food and drinks we had no option but to overhear the idle chat from the staff behind the bar. What we found appalling was the continual swearing and the sexist comments being made about a female member of staff who was obviously not present. Whilst we enjoyed our food and excellent service I am afraid the conduct of the staff, and in fairness it was only one male, was unacceptable. Sorry won't be back in a hurry.

1  Thank David T

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have visited The Bon Vivant a couple of times and despite a menu that changes on a daily basis, I can confirm that this restaurant delivers consistently high results. I can't comment on the larger dishes as they really deliver so well on delicious and extremely affordable tapas style small dishes, I have never actually progressed beyond them!.

Black pudding and piccalilli, baked halloumi with basil pesto, meatballs with tomato and chilli jam, serrano ham with olives and cheese....a few of the highlights of the 6 dishes we polished off last night!

An informal, candlelit ambience suited to both couples as well as groups of friends and a genuinely attentive team at prices that are far lower than you would expect, (particularly when compared to other, more central options in town) the Bon Vivant on Dean Street delivers.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good atmosphere. Food very enjoyable with good range of small to large dishes. Great place to have as a local.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Nicely done, calm atmosphere. Food "bites" an excellent idea to tempt exploration of the menu. Good food and excellent service.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely little restaurant/bar tucked down a little lane in stockbridge. Dimly lit. Great ever changing menu and the bites are such a clever idea as it means I don't have to chose just one starter or desert! The bar staff are knowledgable and made me my own cocktail based on what I liked to drink.