“Not the prettiest theatre”
Review of The Boards

The Boards
Ranked #1,634 of 2,568 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had high expectations as even the cheapest seats were £36, I imagine you get what you pay for, but I'm 5feet 2inches and my knees were wedged against the seat in front of me. The person sitting to my left had no sense of personal space and invaded mine - I'm only glad she wasn't obese- in all pretty uncomfortable and I won't be back despite Edinburgh being my favourite city

Reviewed 1 December 2013

we were going to the playhouse to see the Lion king. We decided to eat in the theatre that was a very big mistake. My wife is wheelchair bound at the time of the booking we were told that there would be a table made up in the circle bar. We turned up and there was no table. nice start to the anniversary meal. the meal was terrible. When we started eating everyone was coming for a drink and we felt in the way.
please do not go for a meal to the playhouse if your in a wheelchair. The whole experience was terrible.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We booked a table for a pre show supper. It was not very busy there and not very warm either! Our food arrived very promptly but the soup was hardly warm, my husband had to send his soup back twice to be heated, in the end he gave up and ordered something else. The Thai curry was ok, my ravioli was tasteless and I am sure the sauce bought in a jug to go with it was more soup!
We had a table by the window looking out at all the other busy restaurants we could gave gone to near the theatre. It's a shame because the staff were really pleasant. Drinks overpriced as well.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Went last night before the Lion King.
Arrived at 5.30,table was reserved for us and we were taken straight to it.
ALL staff were very pleasant and attentive and answered all my questions regarding the show etc....
(im not a theatre goer).
Food was fine, drinks slightly expensive but hey ,is central Edinburgh.
Reserving drinks for the interval was a great idea (they also reserved us a table for this).
Great access to the balcony.
Definitely recommend eating here pre show to make the whole experience more enjoyable and easy.
Well done to all....

2  Thank CaggsEdinburgh
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Firstly, thank you!
More people should know that if done with a smile and good laugh - anything is possible.
OK we all make mistakes but its how you deal with it that counts-and if dealt with a smile it makes your/their experience easier/better.
Table deco was lovely-fresh bread-water all waiting.
The food was pallatable-service was good (if dizzy).
I can genuinely say they mean well.