“Change of management perhaps?”
Review of The Bristo Bar and Kitchen - CLOSED

The Bristo Bar and Kitchen
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Scottish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I went back to this place just before xmas and I thought it was a different place! I was not impressed and felt the food was pretty average and uninspiring. A while ago I thought it was great but now it seriously lacked a sparkle, despite the festive season. Quite disappointing....
Despite the reviews it is great for students, they do not offer a student discount.

6  Thank fiercefleming

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Visited here for nachos. £7 for a tiny bowl of nachos! The gauacamole/salsa dishes were about the size of a 50p piece wide. The sour cream was like clotted cream and it was overall very bad service and we were extremely disappointed.

7  Thank Marliese P
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Bristo is just great for a couple of drinks and some food! The staff is really friendly which contributes to the atmosphere of the place and the cocktails are fantastic. It's in a brilliant location and I would definitely recommend it to anyone I know.

1  Thank CarolinaKrodel
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This place is brilliant for students, being so close to the uni campus and the prices are very reasonable. There is also a great atmosphere both day and night, making it a lovely place to go with friends. I would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank Sophie D
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My colleagues and I came for lunch and were really happy with our meals. Great taste and excellent value. A good vegetarian selection too. Staff were very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Ket_Cat1