Motel One Edinburgh-Royal
US$207
US$201
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$150
US$358
US$325
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$152
Agoda.com
US$221
US$201
Agoda.com
2,437 results
All reviewswaverley stationcockburn streetsingle duvetsroyal milegreat locationplug socketsairport buscontinental breakfastrooms are basicgreat showercentral locationchristmas marketa stones throwshort staywould definitely stay here againshower roomstayed here for two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Absolutely love Edinburgh, the architecture is stunning, a bit eerie in places, and in certain areas it reminded me of scenes from Harry Potter, little did I know that JK Rowling wrote HP at a cafe in Edinburgh. OK, the hotel is clean, there's a lot of turquoise about the place, so don't wear turquoise if you don't want to be mistaken for staff :-), it's in a perfect location, very central.
If you get the bus from the airport, it's 30 mins to the centre and the hotel is just outside.
They offer a continental breakfast, that was ok too.
Would I stay there again? Yes, location, location, location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Plusses: this hotel is two short blocks from the Waverly Bridge Airlink bus. It's close to the train station, the bus station, and the starting point for Rabbies tours. I chose this hotel for its great location for launching from Edinburgh. The rooms are clean if small, and the bathroom is nice and new. The staff is very pleasant.
Caution: If you hit Edinburgh during a sunny spell, be aware that this place has no a/c. What a shocker for a hotel that charges $189 a night! I went to the front desk to say our air conditioning didn't work, and they said there was none! They also said it's a new place and they are hoping to install it soon. Our room had a window that opened a few inches--not enough fresh air. However, a nice staff person came in and unlocked the window so it could be nice and wide, letting in air but creating an accessible open window. We chose fresh air over security that night, and nothing was stolen.

Room Tip: If you are visiting during the summer and want to open a window, I recommend being on the 2nd or 3rd level so that your window is not just three feet above where people can walk. We were in room 123; rooms 223 or 333 might be more secure with an open window.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was staying in Edinburgh for business and decided to stay here. Thankfully it was a simple two minute walk from Edinburgh Waverley train station, always a bonus on a warm, humid Edinburgh day!
Check-in was fine, a little slow, but I think that was more the guests being slow rather than the check-in staff, who when I got the the front of the queue, they were fast and efficient.
My room was on the third floor, and was a room with a 'view', which was a little disappointing as it was really just over the railway lines and over the Princes Street. Not so sure what the rooms without a view are like, so I can't really say if it was worth the extra money I paid.
The rooms are simple, clean and spacious with clean bathrooms - everything you need really.
I had a good sleep, bed was comfortable and warm, and there was no noise from the other rooms or doors that I heard.
The public areas, like the bar and entry way, were clean and welcoming, although I didn't have my breakfast there, so I am not sure how busy it was at breakfast time.
I would definitely stay here again, it is such a good location and pretty good value for money,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

You can't really beat the location of this hotel. It's 2 mins walk from the Airport bus stop and Waverley station, convenient for the old and new town and yet it is surprisingly quiet. The hotel chain is German. I hadn't heard of it before I booked. Everything in the hotel is new and really clean and the staff are very pleasant. The continental breakfast (£7.50 extra) is very good - fruit salad, fruit juice, croissants, rolls, toast, cereals, slices of cheese and cold meats, hard boiled eggs etc. The pub round the corner offers a full English (yes, English!) for I think £6.50.
On the down side, the rooms may not have been very well thought out. A kettle is provided but to plug it in I had to move the table/desk to stand it on. There are no drawers or cupboards so although you're not likely to leave anything behind, it's not ideal for a long stay. Hanging space is very limited. There are a few shelves for clothes. Also there was no bedside table which was irritating. No solid soap is provided only liquid body wash/shampoo.
Would I stay here again? I'd say possibly, but I might shop around for something a bit cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very unsure what to rate the hotel, stuck somewhere between 3 and 4! The location is ideal and means everything is on your doorstep. The reception/bar area is also very modern and clean. The room was modern and clean also with a lovely shower. Lady who checked us in was friendly and welcoming. It is not the facilities that's the problem it is perhaps the value for money which makes me select 3 stars over 4. For over 100 pounds you do not expect a double bed to consist of two twin beds pushed together, making you almost fall through the gap at times. In addition to this there is only a continental breakfast supplied for an extra 8 pounds each. I appreciate the location raises the price but it does feel considerably overpriced for what's there. Overall, the hotel is clean, modern and very convenient. Doesn't translate into complete value for money however!

• Stayed: June 2014