“Great food and amazing service”
Review of Alla romana - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food and amazing service”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was in a large group of friends and we booked a table here for a Saturday night (which I would recommend as I did see them turn folk away as the place was full). Everything we ordered was fantastic and it's great to be able to order lots of different pizzas and share around. We also had delicious arancinis and deserts too, plus they have wonderful coffees and beers! A very enjoyable night out made possible by the great staff there. We were very impressed by their ability to handle 3 large groups coming in at the same time and all ordering lots of food. We felt very looked after and the attentive server made sure our beers were topped up promptly. We would definitely come back again!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank msmandam

“Not what you think”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our family visited this establishment yesterday thinking that it was a new Italian Restaurant. It's actually a Roman style Pizzeria. It only serves pizza and therefore it shouldn't really advertise as a Restaurant. The Pizza's are already cooked and whilst they are slices and not full pizzas, I don't believe that they can be as fresh as they should be. There is a choice of 8 for the day and they tend to made on Focaccia Bread. They were tasty and also inexpensive. However they should be upfront and call it a Pizzeria. You can't even get Pasta. Not for me I'm afraid, but if you want just Pizza then I would give it a go.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mike1526
“Really good concept”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My wife and I popped in to try this new restaurant recently after passing by many times since it opened. It is an airy open-plan dining room with a mixture of small tables, high chairs & a large central shared bench-type table.

The concept is simple - they have 8 different types of pizza every day and you buy by the slice. We tried 2 different types each and they were all delicious with a nice crispy thin base. We had red & white wine by the glass and a couple of espressos to finish off and all for under £25.

Good concept, young friendly staff and lovely fresh food so what's bnot to like. They deserve to be successful with this new innovative concept

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Stronty
Bern, Switzerland
“This place is unique”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I would be a regular both for a quick bite on the move and to enjoy a friendly environment with friends even if this pizza place would be in Italy. If it would stand the competition there, imagine here in Edinburgh! The pizza by the slice is soo delicious and a bargain for £ 2 a slice with lots of interesting toppings combinations. The staff is friendly and the place really interesting. A must for all pizza lovers: I bet you'll be surprised. This is no regular pizza!

1 Thank UnaCoppia