“Beside The Shore, ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mintleaf Restaurant

Mintleaf Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 2,438 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai, Balti
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Beside The Shore, ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This quite large restaurant is excellently located a minute from the Shore, and is exquisitely decorated.

The food was different to what I've experienced, having the Biryani, I'm used to the false version that is served up outside of Asia, as is the case with so many dishes from other countries.

Expect originality, not what you may be used to.

The staff are exceptionally friendly and eager to please on every level.

I had Indian, but they also do Thai (?!) So will try that next time.

So many many fine restaurants in the area, but this with a go.

1 Thank ScottOag

UK
“Not up to the standard of its decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This place looks beautiful but the Indian food is very much 'bog standard'. What a pity as the upmarket decor suggests a much higher standard.

1 Thank LFKUk
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Whenever I am looking to eat Indian and Thai food, I always pick Mintleaf. I rarely get a chance to eat out at the moment, so I usually get the food to take away. Myself and my partner usually get a combination of Indian and Thai food to share and it never disappoints! We had food to take away this evening and it was excellent as always.

The service is perfect and everyone who I have been swerved with has been lovely and friendly.
I am looking forward to get the oppertunity to eat in.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank 586ChaD
Edinburgh
“Maybe a bad night.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Hi. Thought I would give this a go as hadn't tried thai in a while.

We had fish cakes and sea bass as both our first choices were not available for starters. The sea bass was nice but fish cakes were pretty tasteless and rubbery.

For mains. We had a massaman and red prawn curry. Unfortunately the massaman was so salty that I would class as inedible...my wife struggled out of politeness to eat it....to my frustration. My prawn curry was very sweet and I tasted a prawn that had a very unusual texture and smell...so I finished my meal there (i was not ill after we finished the meal or in the morning...I was just being safe). Should've sent them back but wasn't in the mood for conflict.

The good side of things are the service is very warm and friendly.

I won't be back as so many other options but maybe stick to the Indian side of things.

Thanks for reading and being honest, so apologies if you are the owners reading this.

• Visited August 2014
Haddington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Went with friends for a last minute meal, glad we chose Mintleaf as we were on our way to another restaurant. Wonderful food, Great decor and service too. Next time I will leave room for dessert.

1 Thank Dean M