My boyfriend and I visited Bonsai's new restaurant on Broughton Street. We ordered:
* Spicy tuna hand roll - got great reviews from my other half.
* Tempura prawn hand roll - prawns were crispy without being greasy, the seaweed roll was lovely and soft without being soggy.
* Salmon maki - far FAR better than the same dish in Yo! Sushi, salmon tasted very fresh and the rice was lovely and soft.
* Dragon gaijin - 8 huge pieces containing prawns, avocado and cucumber topped with a little mayo.
* Deep fried squid - perfectly cooked, very thin strips so not chewy or greasy.
* Scallops with ginger and orange - PERFECTLY cooked scallops in reasonable portion, in a lovely buttery, ginger and orange sauce.
* Pork gyoza - delicious steamed and lightly fried dumplings. I regularly find these slimy but not at Bonsai!
All of these were served with wasabi and ginger slices so we could add if we liked.
Overall Bonsai was a great experience for sushi-lovers, but there are also options for non-fish eaters. We will definitely be back again.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.