“Fantastic flavours, excellent wine”
Review of Fatma Restaurant - CLOSED

Fatma Restaurant
Price range: US$16 - US$33
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Went on a Tuesday night as had family visiting and expected it to be quiet, however restaurant was still about 50% capacity despite being midweek, and there was a nice atmosphere. Waited on by the owner who was extremely helpful and advised us on the best Lebanese wines - these were excellent - and made us a pot of Lebanese coffee (ground with cardamon) at the end of the meal. I'm a huge fan of middle eastern food, and Fatma did not disappoint. We ordered 10 plates and shared, everything was so full of flavour and delicious. Special mention to the tabouleh salad, Daoud basha (meatballs) and the stuffed vine leaves. Will be hurrying back.One of the best places at The Shore (and living here I can assure that there's very healthy competition)

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were bought this voucher as a Christmas present from my daughter. We were warmly welcomed on arrival and the menu explained to us, as this was our first Lebanese meal.
I was really impressed by the quality & how excellent the food was.
We had 3 small starters between us & a main course each. The portions were generous too so I couldn't manage a dessert.
The staff were friendly, very helpful & nothing was too much trouble.
I would certainly return. The voucher helped keep the price down too. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Went for a wee late lunch. Well we had the taster menu. The courses had perfectly matched wines. I haven't eaten lamb for about 30 years and when I saw the menu my first thought was oh no! But I have been converted. The spicing of each course was superb. Yet again the service was attentive and friendly. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the various wines being served. Looking forward to many more visits. Highly recommend this restaurant so please visit and enjoy.

1  Thank wmd1
Reviewed 7 February 2014

If you were to say to me ,let's eat Lebanese food I would have said " what the heck is that". My daughter got me a £60 groupon voucher for Fatma the Lebanese Restaurant on the shore of Leith. Well last night I booked a table and went not expecting anything exciting.
We were greeted by a very well dressed man who sat us down. The menu was interesting to say the least with lots of Lamb and Aubergine dishes. It all sounded a bit weird but nice. I won't insult the place by trying to remember what the names of the items I ordered were. I had a wheat based thing filled with minced Lamb and my wife had Flatbread filled with Lamb. They were served with Lebanese bread and a selection of colourful dips. The only word to describe the starter is simply AMAZING.
The main course we ordered was a Lamb dish in a creamy sauce and a mixed Grill both which were fantastic. We ordered wine but stuck to the Spanish Rioja to be safe with our choice. unfortunately they were out of Rioja and the man serving offered us a Lebanese bottle of Red Wine which was more expensive but offered at the same price as the Rioja.
The food was awesome the wine was awesome and the service was awesome. 100% recommended to anyone.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Me and my partner went to Fatma Friday night to try the tasting menu and we were not disappointed. Both food and wine were great and we'll be recommending Fatma to our friends and family.